longer grip screws for 380cc

Discussion in 'General Bersa Discussion' started by edekalil, Oct 7, 2013.

1. edekalil

edekalil Member

Does Bersa have longer screws for the grips? I bought a set of wood grips but it needs a longer screw to put them on. I am not sure what the thread size is on the 380cc grip screws.
    Eddie

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Have you contacted Bersa Customer Service and ask them if longer screws are available...?

What about the manufacturer of the grips...they had to know that the original screws would not work.

They ( Bersa or the Grip Maker ) could at least tell you the correct size (thread)...yes ?

http://www.bersa.com/warranty

3. jpshaw

jpshaw Well-Known Member

I actually ordered the shorter CC grip screws to put the wooden grips on my BT .380. The grips came countersunk and the CC screws worked fine. I wanted them shorter so as to thin the grips down some without hitting the screw tops. Have you tried them with the normal CC screws? Here they are with the shorter CC screws. As you can see they are countersunk.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  4. edekalil

edekalil Member

Well the grips I got are a bit thicker than the ones that come on the gun so I will need some that are a little longer. I will call Bersa and see what might work.

Eddie

5. jpshaw

jpshaw Well-Known Member

The ones that come on the BT .380 have the correct thread size and are the proper length for the grips IF the grips are not counter sunk like mine are. Seems to me that a grip made for the CC would come countersunk so the original CC screws would fit.

6. edekalil

edekalil Member

The grips I bought are countersunk but are thicker than they could be. They are not the very nice Marschal grips but a set I got off EBay. Even though they were from Bangkok,Thailand they are made from one solid piece and are Padauk wood. They could be reworked and thinned down some later maybe when I get some time. I will call Bersa and get the longer screws for now. Thanks for the info on the screws.

Eddie

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  7. edekalil

edekalil Member

Well I just ordered 2 of the BT380 screws in nichel. I should get them in a week and see how it go's.

8. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Post it here when you got it fitted...

9. edekalil

edekalil Member

Will do. I should be able to in a week or so.

10. edekalil

edekalil Member

Well the lady at Bersa was right the screws I ordered are a tiny bit too big and do not fit. So I will have to figure out what screws will work befor I can put the grips on. I will post pics of the grips as soon as I can figure how to post pics. If anyone knows the correct thread size for the 380cc grip screws that would be great.

11. jpshaw

jpshaw Well-Known Member

The screws for the BT .380 and the CC are the same size but different lengths. I have the CC screws on my BT .380 now. However, the screws for the PLUS are not and will not fit. Do you think they sent you the screws for the plus?

12. edekalil

edekalil Member

It may be possible they sent the wrong screws. They are for sure a slite bit larger in dia.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
  13. edekalil

edekalil Member

These are the handles.

[​IMG]

14. edekalil

edekalil Member

Anyone have any idea who I might talk to at Bersa who may know what thread size the 380cc screws are?