Bersa Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, I shot over 100 rounds with a few of what I figured were hard primers. I went back to the range today, and after about 5 rounds, it stopped shooting, having consistently light strikes in DA and SA. What I'm thinking is the is some something gumming up the firing pin. I'm getting ready to remove it and clean the firing pin chamber. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
157 Posts
If it were few and far in between I would suspect the ammo....but sounds like there is something out of whack in the firing mechanism.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am wishing you success in resolving your light firing pin strike issue.

It has always amazed me just how many new firearms that work leaving the factory shipping department, but, after the vibration and jostling of the trip to the distributor, then the trip to the dealer and all the bouncing around this entails and finally into the hands of the end user fail to function properly! i suspect most of these failure are the result of the gun not being cleaned very well at the factory and after the arrival at the end user dirt or minute manufacturing debris has found it's way up into places it should not be causing these type of malfunctions in guns of good design.

Patience grasshopper, don't start filing or grinding parts until after you are certain of the guns cleanliness and that it was properly assembled!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am wishing you success in resolving your light firing pin strike issue.

It has always amazed me just how many new firearms that work leaving the factory shipping department, but, after the vibration and jostling of the trip to the distributor, then the trip to the dealer and all the bouncing around this entails and finally into the hands of the end user fail to function properly! i suspect most of these failure are the result of the gun not being cleaned very well at the factory and after the arrival at the end user dirt or minute manufacturing debris has found it's way up into places it should not be causing these type of malfunctions in guns of good design.

Patience grasshopper, don't start filing or grinding parts until after you are certain of the guns cleanliness and that it was properly assembled!
Agreed. I've been working firearms for many years, but I prefer to avoid any sort of grinding. That's why I have an armorer.

·
Registered
104 Posts
If it was gunked up it would of been caught if I was the owner. I disassemble every gun I own before first firing it and make sure it is clean inside. Don't need dirt or metal chips permanently damaging a new gun.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Speer Gold Dots are subject to light strikes in my TPR9C, maybe a 1/2 dozen out of 200, but always fired on second strike. I gather they have a rep for hard primers. Interestingly, no probs with their TMJs.

S&B and Magtech always go bang.

Next time out to the range, I'll probably have put 1000 rounds through the TPR9C, bought in mid-2019. Love that trigger... Cheers.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Speer Gold Dots are subject to light strikes in my TPR9C, maybe a 1/2 dozen out of 200, but always fired on second strike. I gather they have a rep for hard primers. Interestingly, no probs with their TMJs.

S&B and Magtech always go bang.

Next time out to the range, I'll probably have put 1000 rounds through the TPR9C, bought in mid-2019. Love that trigger... Cheers.
I’m going out next weekend. I will be using Federal Syntech 147 grain, Magtech, and a Chinese import brand that has run reliably in my other guns. The one I had the most problems with was Aguila 124 grain.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts