Junior Archery Set

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Shooter, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

So I have a limited amount of space. I was looking for a junior archery set so I could shoot in my back yard and my inlaws got me one for Christmas.

http://www.hayneedle.com/product/barnettteamrealtreelilbansheejrarcheryset.cfm

If you have limited space but still want to practice, or have a kid looking to get started it has enough power to make it fun, but not enough to seriously damage anything (unless you shoot someone in the eye).

Just a heads up. I think it's a good product and if you're like me and like to shoot but don't have the space it's a good solution.

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

That looks like a nice set Austin...

I own a recurve, a compound, and a crossbow...and I can safely practice in my backyard,

which really keeps me in good form.

3. BersaOwner

BersaOwner Well-Known Member

I have tried to get some back-yard practice in but the next door neighbor calls the police. It seams the firing any kind of weapon within the city limits is illegal.:eek: Not even BB guns.:eek:
    They have a fit when I bore sight my AKs & ARs in the back yard, but there is nothing they can say about it.
    So I found a set that you put on the end of your arrows that uses chalk & is shot against a screen type target to get practice in my basement or garage.
    It is not for accuracy but just for the exercise most of the time I don't put the chalk on the arrows, I do it just to keep my ability sharp in the off season.

4. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Nice little box. My S in law bought one something like that for her son when they still lived here. He left it with the F in lsw when they moved. My son had it for a while. My nephew came and got it for his son to use now.

I tried my hand at it back when I could see well. I used to get a few old compounds in swaps at the sunshows, even a crossbow once. Have plenty of room to shoot them. After my eyesight problems developed, I sold or traded several off, but kept a couple. They always turn up at the shows anyway.

Gave the last 2 old PsEs I had to m son and got him some more arrows for Xmas. He and his buddies do a good job of messing up and losing arrows.:D

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  5. Shooter

We're having a good time. It's worked out well. She has a smaller one that we've had for a while and she's having fun learning.

Glad to see I'm not alone!

6. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Had to buy a couple of books on archery for my son. He likes to read. He thught he could just put up a haybale in frront of a shed and that would stop the arrows. Well, it did. Most went through and hit the wall of the shed. He and his buddy bent and deformed most of what I had.

Showed him how to make a better backstop with old carpet folded double over a wood frame. With a styrofoam target in front of that, he doesn't ruin all the arrows now.

7. Shooter

I constructed a series of boxes within boxes. I does stop them, but it took a lot of boxes.

8. Shooter

I've been going nuts with this thing.

If you don't have one but like archery go out and get one. I've been using it daily as a de-stresser. The dogs run around and my daughter is starting to play with my old bow, so hopefully we have a new archer soon.

9. Shooter

Just found out I've been shooting it wrong. I was watching videos and as a lefty I thought I was doing it right, I was wrong.