Bersa Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a model 383 for many years. it's been a good gun and I carry it a lot. I have developed a problem the rounds getting stuck in the magazine and not feeding. I can only load 2 or3 rounds before they become very tight in the clip. I have cleaned and checked the mag and do not find any obstruction. the plunger it's self seems to be free and travels smoothly up and down. I have tried 3 different types of rounds with the same result. anyone else had this problem? :confused:

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

It's been a while since I had a 383. I had several and they all wworked well. Looks like you have tried the ammo chance and checked the mag itself, so that is kinda ruled out.Checked it for cracks at the seams or dents? Do you have just one mag to check it out? If not, you may want to try another. However, I have heard that the 383 mags are hard to find.

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
Just read your other post about the spring being bent and you being unable to find another mag. Yes others have been on the forum asking about 383 mafs, but I can't remember if anyone had found a source. The bent mag spring is a definite sign that the spring no longer has the proper tension to push the rounds up evenly. It may be pushing more in the back than the front of the follower which would cause the rounds to "drag" in the front.

One other problem could be that the mag spring was replaced backwards or upside down in the mag. It will do the same thing as a weak mag spring. The front end of the magazine follower should have the same ension as the back end. However, it should also be higher in relation to the rear end of the follower. That would keep the front end of the follwer higher and the nose of the bullet will come up as it shoudl instead of draging in the mag.

I'm kinda wondering if a mag spring frrom a late model Thunder .380 will fit in the 383 mag? It might be worth a try.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts