Interesting read about TSA gun confiscation

Discussion in 'Conceal & Open Carry & 2nd Amendment' started by David, Mar 4, 2013.

1. David

David Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Here's an interesting article on guns.com about weapons confiscated by the TSA. What gets me, though, is two things....

1) There's a lot of automatics loaded, but not chambered. That has to be luggage because that many people would carry unchambered.

2) It doesn't say how they were "confiscated".

http://www.guns.com/2013/03/04/tsa-finds-19-guns/

2. hotshott

hotshott The "Bass-Tard" Son

Interesting read. I fly 3-4 times a year to Florida to visit my dad. Long weekends,,, A gentleman 10 foot ahead of me was yanked out of the line for concealing a paintball rifle. His bags were pre checked and all he needed to do was board the plain. He turned out legit but had to leave his rifle behind as it was not properly cased.

3. hilandr

hilandr thunder 380 CC owner

So how do you check your weapons if you CC in your state of origin and it reciprocates in the destination state?

4. Cutlass327

Cutlass327 Well-Known Member

Even with CCW, you have to lock it up and follow the proper procedures as someone without CCW.

5. Stratojaxter

Stratojaxter Well-Known Member

My guess is that most were just undeclared in luggage. If you can legally transport a gun in your checked luggage providing it is properly stowed and declared, why would you try to hide it in a detergent box? :confused: I shouldn't be, but sometimes I'm still surprised at how stupid some people can be.