In need of some help

Discussion in 'What Bersa Should I Get' started by HELBIZZEL, Jan 11, 2013.

1. HELBIZZEL

HELBIZZEL Member

I am going to purchase 1 of 2 hand gungs this weekend for concealed carry.

Bersa Thunder UC 9MM
    XD sc 9MM

I realize this is a Bersa forum but I am looking for pro's/con's on both.

I have shot the XDsc 9MM but have been unable to get my hands on the Bersa UC 9MM.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you in advance.

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the Bersa Firearms Forum !!

The Thunder Pro UC is a smaller version of the Thunder Pro. Compact and powerful, the Thunder Pro UC is an excellent choice for those who need stopping power without bulk. Preserving the best features of the standard Thunder Pro, the Thunder Pro Ultra Compact is a superior value in a compact, service grade handgun.

Like the standard Pro, the Thunder Pro UC features an improved Browning Petter barrel locking system which provides reliable feeding and ejection. The safety, cocking lever, slide stop levers and magazine catch are completely ambidextrous making this a perfect fit for right or left handers. The Thunder Pro UC maintains the Bersa tradition of accuracy, reliability and durability and is an excellent choice for anyone needing a tough, reliable, compact sidearm.

BERSA THUNDER 9 UC Pro

[​IMG]

3. RudeDog

RudeDog Well-Known Member

Get yourself a Thunder Pro 9 High Capacity if you can still find one and as many magazines you can get your hands on.

4. HELBIZZEL

HELBIZZEL Member

I made my decision

Well I bought the Bersa Thunder Ultra Compact 9mm and it was only $350 out the door. I shot 125 rounds and it worked flawless. Thank you for your input.

5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Congrats on the new Bersa TUC 9mm...

Post some pics and a range report when you find the time...

6. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Congrats on the new pistola. Will be waiting for pics and a range report.

7. HELBIZZEL

HELBIZZEL Member

I will post a picture tonight. As for the range... My shots were a decent grouping the only problem was the grouping was low right on 125 rounds. Didn't matter where I shot on the target it was 2.5 in low and approx 2.5in to the right. This is my first pistol so I am associating it with the lack of range time. Any suggestions would help :eek:

8. HELBIZZEL

HELBIZZEL Member

Where would you suggest looking for those?

9. RudeDog

I bought mine at Gander Mountian

10. hotshott

hotshott The "Bass-Tard" Son

Happy shooting helbizzel. I am hotshott. Had the same issue with mine. All shots were 6 inches below center and right 3 inches at 18 yards. However the groupings were consistant, I needed to get used to the trigger pull. Much stronger than any of my revolvers. After 3 trips to the range The groupings became more consistant to the center of the target. Also I was limpwristing way to much. As I stated earlier I shoot revolvers so I naturally hold on tight, The Bersa 380 was my first semi-auto hand gun and I have not had it long. Maybe some range time will correct your issue. Hope this helps .

11. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Just so everyone knows we do have an XD forum within our network.

XDForum.com.

12. HELBIZZEL

HELBIZZEL Member

Well I went to the range again today I shot better however, after only 180 rounds through the firearm I had a malfunction. The decocker/Saftey lever on the right side of the pistol FELL OFF!!! Is this common?

Attached Files:

13. HELBIZZEL

HELBIZZEL Member

Wow this forum got quiet.. No response since I posted this issue. Kinda makes me wonder if I made a mistake buying this firearm. Well it has been a month and I still do not have this back from Bersa yet? Is this common?

14. David

David Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I can promise you that is NOT a common coinsurance. Contact Eagle Imports for their preferred gunsmiths; I believe they will fix it free of charge. There is on in Colorado (Colorado Gun Works) and another in Baton Rouge, Louisiana (www.reynerson.com).

15. HELBIZZEL

HELBIZZEL Member

Well 5 weeks in and I still don't have my firearm back. My guess is the shops are busy. Kinda thinking I should have went with the XD-M

16. RudeDog

sad 2 hear ..keep the faith

17. irocss85

irocss85 New Member

well did you ever get it back? any problems since?

where did you get the uc9 at that price?

it is a uc pro right? from what I can tell the uc pro is the current model. I was looking at a used one at a gun shop but they wanted $330. well used. thought that might be a bit much since it wasnt in as new condition or anything. the prices Ive seen online are usually low $4xx range. plus shipping, and if ordered online plus the fee to ship to a local gun shop FFL?