BersaForum.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I am new at this forum and my first question is about shooting sport. Do you guys feel a Bersa Thunder Plus is suitable for a IDPA match? I know 380s aren't legal in this sport as for IDPA rules. But here we have an exception, sinve 380Auto is the largest round available for civilians. Thanks!

·
thunder 380 CC owner
370 Posts
It's a great gun, I've never shot IDPA so I have no idea of what is involved.

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
Hi there. I am new at this forum and my first question is about shooting sport. Do you guys feel a Bersa Thunder Plus is suitable for a IDPA match? I know 380s aren't legal in this sport as for IDPA rules. But here we have an exception, sinve 380Auto is the largest round available for civilians. Thanks!
I don't know about the Plus, but I do know there is a Bersa-sponsored IDPA team that uses the 9mm HC.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
If .380 is allowed where you live, I would check on a few more things. Are blowback design pistols allowed? And is there a magazine size limit. If there are not, I can't see why you would not be able to use a thunder 380 plus.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's because I would face other competitors using mostly Glocks G25. Maybe it is a senseless fear, but, anyway... Last week I shot a little steel challenge at the range, and my little BT380+ did great at about 15yd, altough I certainly could use a little bit longer barrel.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I use my Bersa Thunder Pro 9 HC for IDPA shooting.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Bersa Forum mobile app

·
Registered
76 Posts
It would be cool to see .380's in some competitions. Even if they did add it to a competition the price of ammo would cause it to fail.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I don't think anything smaller than 9mm is allowed. I use my BT PRO 9 when join the IDPA gang at my local range.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yes, it is fine as it would compete in the BUG class.

I plan to only shoot my BT380 in some matches this year.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
They officially added the BUG class in 2015, although some clubs were already doing them. BT380 is fine. You can not load more than 6 rounds though. Also you will be competing against mostly 9mm, which is much more effective at knocking down the plates.

·
Bersa Warranty Center
172 Posts
Check the IDPA website and you will see that Team Bersa swept several of the classes at the World Championships for 2015.

The new XT is going to kick major but in this category, and the BP9CC also.

The Thunder .380's would be a great choice for the BUG class. Look at the Brand New Thunder .380 Plus Combat...

Let us know if we can help.
Thanks,
Team CGW

·
Registered
625 Posts
IDPA was formed to give real world competition in a sport relegated to "Race guns" too big to actually carry. So they made up a "box" having length, width and height. Well, as in any sport participants used the largest gun that would fit in the box while actually carrying a smaller one. I say if .380 is the largest you can carry it should be legal for IDPA where you are. If not, don't worry about it and use whatever you have and if IDPA doesn't honor it, so what.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts