I got new grips

Discussion in 'General Bersa Discussion' started by Kahuna, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Kahuna

Kahuna Member

D6AEC1EC-C0AB-46B2-A5FA-F06158150002.jpeg D2D848D2-95DA-441B-B3E8-C67B50B5811C.jpeg i just got my new grips and had to share. I LOVE them. Altamont made them and put a dark walnut finish on them. This is not listed as an option but when I asked, they gladly did it without an up charge. Hopefully I can post pictures here. Not the best pictures but you should be able to get a look.

2. Kahuna

Kahuna Member

Oops, I think I should have posted this in accessories. Sorry, I don’t know hoe to move it. I got so excited sharing the pics that I didn’t look to see if there was a specific spot. I’ll look closer in the future. I’m new to using any type of forum and I’ll play the senior card too. Haha.

dutchboy and Tarheelcracker like this.

3. Tarheelcracker

Tarheelcracker Active Member

Very nice. That goes for the gold stuff too.

4. Tom M

Tom M Member

Beautiful. Makes a great presentation!

5. Pistol_Packin_Preacher

Pistol_Packin_Preacher Well-Known Member

Kahuna scores a beautiful handgun!

Good job and an "atta boy" to Altamont.

Hello Tom M.

God bless!!

Michael

6. dutchboy

dutchboy Well-Known Member Supporter

Very nice indeed Kahuna!

Just out of curiosity, how much and how long did it take to make/get them?

7. Kahuna

Kahuna Member

Thanks dutchboy. It took 8 days total. I figured that was great since it was a special order. They were also very courteous throughout the process. I do believe I will be ordering new grips for my S & W Victory from them in the same wood and color. They have one version with the silver medallion an som wonderful scroll work.

8. Renaldo

Renaldo Well-Known Member

They look great!

Are they thicker than the regular grips? Did your grip on the gun change at all? I've been thinking of getting a set for the BT380 after putting Altamont grips on my S&W 442.

Dutch, when I ordered mine for the 442, they shipped really quickly. They usually have everything in stock that they sell. The 442 grips are high quality, I imagine the rest of their grips are too. I'm thinking of getting some for the BT380 and my Taurus PT22.

9. BigAl512

BigAl512 Member

I love the Look of them, Unfortunately they do not make them for the Thunder Plus so will Have to Go to Marschalsgrips.com for the Plus Series, they are under Model 85,

10. jbardellini

jbardellini Well-Known Member

Those came out nice congratulations

11. dutchboy

dutchboy Well-Known Member Supporter

Hey Kahuna, Renaldo raises a good question, in that I ordered the Bersa, factory wood grips that I think look really nice. However, once I put them on, I found them to be a tad bit too thick, which made it a little difficult to reach and press the mag release with my thumb.

I eventually went with the rubber grips which I do like in terms of grip and feel, however, they just don't look as nice as the wood grips.

Renaldo likes this.
  12. Kahuna

Kahuna Member

Hi Renaldo
    Yes the are thicker. I think it feels better now.

Renaldo likes this.
  13. Kahuna

Kahuna Member

Actually my mag release is so stiff I can’t push it unless I re arrange it in my hand. That hasn’t changed with the wood ones. If it ever loosens up it should be fine.

14. Tarheelcracker

Tarheelcracker Active Member

Have you tried a little oil on the mag release mechanism down in the mag well? I had a slimier issue that a drop of oil solved.

Renaldo likes this.
  15. Kahuna

Kahuna Member

I’ll give that a try. Thanks

16. BigAl512

BigAl512 Member

Looking at the Marcshal Grips In Waddle wood, Gray Stain and Checkered Finish for the Thunder Plus , 10- 12 weeks , But They are worth it , cost around 93.00

Attached Files:

Kahuna likes this.
  17. Kahuna

Kahuna Member

I like the Waddle. Personally not a fan of grey stain. But I’m not buying them. I looked at their grips but loved the Altamont, plus the price was half. Being on SS I have to be more cost conscious. Those guys make a burl that is gorgeous too. Can’t wait to see pics when you get them.

18. Kahuna

Kahuna Member

Nice

19. snakeye

snakeye Well-Known Member

Nice looking pistole there