I don't understand...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by David, Apr 17, 2013.

1. David

David Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I don't understand something. When the school shooting happened in Newton, there was a lot of talk about limitations and restrictions on guns. Now that we have the Boston bombing, nobody is talking about banning, restricting, or limiting bombs. They are just talking about finding the bomber, seeing who will claim responsibility, etc.

I hate to use such tragic events as political agenda, but seriously! Its not the gun or the bomb that did the killing! Its the person holding the gun or placed the bomb! Blame the person, not the tool!

2. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I hears some reports on one of the news channels that smokeless powder was used. Powder like what is used in ammo and sold at gunstores. Let's see where they go with that one?

3. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

That's the argument that the gov. doesn't seem to understand. You don't out a gun in someone's hands and they all of a sudden become violent and more than you can out a wrench in someone's hands and they become a mechanic.

4. hilandr

hilandr thunder 380 CC owner

This was posted on another site, it is hard to read, but quite telling! It was posted shortly after the bombing but before capture.

[​IMG]

5. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

That's 4chan, it's an anonymous board. I have a hard time believing those that would hide behind obscurity.

6. hilandr

hilandr thunder 380 CC owner

I agree, but it was pretty foreshadowing.

7. hotshott

hotshott The "Bass-Tard" Son

Ponch,,, Far be it for me to believe the media, Rumor has it that the powder used in the Boston Bomb was obtained from a fireworks retailer in the Mass. Area. I watched most of the situation unfold with my cop neighbor. His take on most of what was happening live was completely different than what I was watching...