Hooked up to heart monitor

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by Pancho_Villa, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I have a heart monitor attached to my chest for 48 hrs. It is the last part of a stress test I had today. I had been set up for this by a cardiologist 4 weeks ago. That was 3 weeks after I had been to my family doctor. I had gone to see him after having a fairly heavy heart beat for several days over a period of 2 weeks. No chest pain or anything. The heart pounding was waking me up sometimes at night. Only thing I got so far was a pill to control palpatations if needed. Pills didn't do much. I was also told to cut down on caffiene.

They also did an EKG, a tread mill test, blood pressure testss on outer extremities including my big toes, and a CT scan to check for circulatory prolems. They said I had been on diabetic meds for close to 20 years, so I really needed a good check.

All I got from them today was that I had a lower than normal heartbeat. They wanted to know if I had always been like that? How would I know. Ihad never been tested before. They did say my trot on the tread mill was good. Guess that was a good thing. Have to wait a month to see the cardiologist to get the rest of the info. Hope I don't drop dead between now and then.

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Hey PV..Get Well soon !!

You do know...if the stress test don't kill ya, nothin' will !! ;)

( PS...lay off the coffee !! :D )

3. Pancho_Villa

Maybe more tequila would help?:)

4. bhale187

bhale187 Well-Known Member Supporter

Hey, its worth a try ;)

In all seriousness, get well soon.

5. Pancho_Villa

Well, they told me to avoid coffee and colas. Didn't mention much about not drinking.

6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Tequila always makes ME feel good....too good sometimes !! ;)

7. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

How are you supposed to stay awake?

That's not right, I'm sorry.

8. havasu

havasu Banned

I don't know how my body would react without coffee. That would be cruel and unusual punishment.