Bersa Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like 2016 set a record for gun sales. I think we all know how Obama affected gun prices. Now that it looks like we will soon have a President who doesn't take every school shooting as an opportunity to attack our gun rights, do you guys think gun demand will go down or up?

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
I think gun sales will continue to be brisk. However, It's my opinion that I think the folks that were getting ready to spend their money on items that would likely be discontinued, banned, or otherwise difficult to obtain, will now spend their money on guns that they WANT, not those they thought they would have to have.

·
Registered
104 Posts
My hope is that we'll finally be able to walk into our local sporting goods store and have our pick of ammo at a reasonable price. My concern lies with those who are panicked into hording ammo.

·
Registered
3 Posts
bought AR parts all through the holiday's at what seemed to be good deals.
I am going to wait and see what happens before I pull the trigger on buying my next Bersa 9 pro. I C a thunder .380 and hundreds of rounds with few issues I could not solve myself. AKA operator error.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Sales of MSR's and high capacity handguns lead the pack in firearms sales recently. We saw prices rise to where entry level MSR's reached the $700 - $800 mark. Sales have fallen off. Those same rifles can now be found for less than $500. I just build one for right around the $400 mark! That indicates that supply has probably exceeded demand now. They are still probably the best selling firearm in the country though.

You can only make parts so cheap, raw material cost being the dictating factor. I think you will see a bottom on price very soon, manufacturing will slow, prices will slowly rise, but to a price point below what the peak was, then level off and normalize.

Not unlike gas prices. Cost went through the roof, around $4 per gallon here, dropped to about $1.90 and is now staying around the $2.20 range.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks you all for your opinions. Personally, I think semi auto rifles patterned to look like military-style assault rifles will see a big decrease in demand, however I think the pistol market will rise as we see more and more CCW permit holders.

I think gun sales will continue to be brisk. However, It's my opinion that I think the folks that were getting ready to spend their money on items that would likely be discontinued, banned, or otherwise difficult to obtain, will now spend their money on guns that they WANT, not those they thought they would have to have.
Yes, I think this is right, and I think what the old sergeant said about MSR's supports this.

May be a good time to invest in gun stocks while they're low :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I agree. I am personally going to keep watching for deals online of AR parts and purchase. I bought a Aero Lower for 59.00 gun store retail just before Xmas. Spikes Tach was 49.00. I have seen 80% lowers for as low as 39.00. I have found Mid length completed uppers with 16inch barrels for 139.00 with out CH or BCG.
I am on the lookout for a Bersa Pro 9. deal. What do you think I should pay for a gently used Bersa pro 9? And has anyone had any experience with this weapon.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My hope is that we'll finally be able to walk into our local sporting goods store and have our pick of ammo at a reasonable price. My concern lies with those who are panicked into hording ammo.
Sadly, where I live, in the not to distant future I'l have to pass a background check to buy a box of ammo at any price. :mad:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Reedj, good luck on finding a Bersa Pro 9... I have little knowledge in Bersa 9's, but hopefully somebody else here can help you.

Dean, I'm very sorry to hear that. I myself have just spent two years here in Korea, where guns are outright outlawed, but thankfully I'll be flying back to a free country tomorrow. I know that sometimes life places you in these circumstances, but don't let it get to you, keep fighting for and exercising your God given rights.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Reedj, good luck on finding a Bersa Pro 9... I have little knowledge in Bersa 9's, but hopefully somebody else here can help you.

Dean, I'm very sorry to hear that. I myself have just spent two years here in Korea, where guns are outright outlawed, but thankfully I'll be flying back to a free country tomorrow. I know that sometimes life places you in these circumstances, but don't let it get to you, keep fighting for and exercising your God given rights.
Hello KoreaGI. First of all have a safe flight back to your next destination and thank you for your service and God Bless You!

·
Premium Member
1,955 Posts
I am on the lookout for a Bersa Pro 9. deal. What do you think I should pay for a gently used Bersa pro 9? And has anyone had any experience with this weapon.

I own two Bersa Pros one in 9m and other in 40 cal, both are great shooters and well balanced. As far as prices I'd check new prices like Buds guns and other websites and base the used price on the average new price. A lot will depend on how used it is and what your willing to pay.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Where are the Bersas???

Finding a Bersa other than some of the .380s is hard to do.
Most local gun shops do not keep them on hand.
For each of the three I own I had to order in.
Oh, they came right in so these shops could order one or two and have them in the case.
So, for any Bersa other than the popular .380 models have your LGS check their suppliers.
If they cannot get them I would contact Eagle Imports and see if they can tell you how soon they expect another shipment.

Regarding gun prices for 2017, I see none going down.
Their trend is to rise or stay stable, but not decrease.
You may find some hard to get models on hand now in the shops if the fear they are not going to be taken away from you subsides.

But the damage is done once you purchase one firearm.
Once you buy one, you must have another, and another, and another,....

Some thoughts ...

God bless!!

Michael

·
Registered
891 Posts
Fox News heard you, KoreaGI!

While checking out Fox News online I just found this article which pertains to this thread and the questions some, if not many, have.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-president-trump-could-jam-firearm-sales.html

It speaks on what to expect now from the firearms producing companies from here on.

This paragraph was interesting:

Shot Show vendor Drew Vedenhaupt pointed out that the market is still in its post-election "artificially inflated" stage, in which many manufacturers overproduced inventory in expectation of panic sales following a presumed Hillary Clinton victory. He said companies are now being forced to sell the overstock at next to no profit to free up room for a new wave of consumer demands.

So the question is, will there be a drop in prices to move the over abundance of stock?

Wanted to share this.

Hey, wait a minute!
Did Fox News spy on our thread???
From a gun free zone to a free gun zone???

God bless!!

Michael

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.