Good option for Leather holster

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by egriton, Mar 3, 2013.

1. egriton

egriton New Member

Howdie,

This is my first post on the board. I joined in order to share.

I've been looking for a nice small of back holster for a while and finally bought a Walther PPK holster from Sportsman's Guide, hoping to be able to modify it. See: Guide Gear® PPK 4 - position Holster (Product: WX2-223601)

The holster is only about $27 bucks + shipping and there are coupons out there for up to $15 off. I had one from a prior order.

At first, it was tight for my Bersa Thunder 380 (Pro), but it fit. Eventually, with a bit of work, the draw was fairly smooth and all I had to do was move the snap over. Here's what to do:

1. drill out the rivet on the snap (use a bit just the size of the inside tube and drill from the inside, where the rivet's tube hollow is exposed). You only need to move one snap -- the one where the hole now is in the picture.
    2. for your new snap placement, drill a hole about 1/2 inch in, just on the inside of the stitching. What bit you use depends upon your mounting option (see #3)
    3. get a "chicago screw" or a new rivet (hardware or fabric store) and remount the snap.

That's it.

Here's a pic of the new snap:
    [​IMG]

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the Bersa Firearms Forum !!

3. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporter

Welcome to the Bersa Firearms Forum !

4. dustinedan2

dustinedan2 Banned

I thought i'd come here as i know several members on this board make their own holsters. What type of leather is best suited for a holster?