Bersa Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The white dot on front sight is only about half white looks like they missed part at factory .will nail pollish fix this ?

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!!

Guess you could try that. I use white spray paint when mine get too faded. I just mask off the whole front of the gun except for the back side of the sight post. Spray it a couple of times. Caregully wipe off the excess. Let it dry and steel wool for the rest of the sight till only the dot shows. Don't know if ya want to go to all that trouble. It can be messy.

·
Premium Member
4,224 Posts
The white dot on front sight is only about half white looks like they missed part at factory .will nail pollish fix this ?
Hey Mike, sorry to hear about your issue. I'm a newbie here but not to guns. Been carrying them for close to 30 years and during that time you learn a thing or two.

The white sights will fade or become dirty over time with most guns, period. I get them bright white again with a correction pen. "White Out" and other names make correction pens as well. Just make sure you use the ball point type as they fit nicely into the holes. Works well for me. If you want to use nail polish which is fine, you will have to use a tooth pick with just a drop of nail polish as again that's the only thing that will fit in the hole. Just make sure your hands are steady. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks dutchboy the pen sound like a great idea I'll give it a try I know what can happen if you mess up with nail polish.

·
Premium Member
4,224 Posts
Hey Mike, let us know how you make out. BTW you can find correction pens at any store that carries stationary products or Staples etc.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The best way to fix it is to clean out with a drill bit or scrape it out the sight. Then mix some white paint( or glow in the dark paint) with so clear epoxy and drip into to area you are waning painted. The epoxy will help it last much longer. Good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts