Four BERSA pistols - Seattle area

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by DocNugent, Oct 23, 2012.

1. DocNugent

DocNugent Bersa owner since 2008

Found this forum via KTOG.

The Missus and I bought our Bersa 380CC's back in 2008; I'm selling mine to my adult son because I recently "upgraded" to a 380 Plus (only have to be half as accurate with 15 rounds).

We also have a pair of (Bersa) Firestorm 22's for practice and introducing friends to shooting.

2. bhale187

bhale187 Well-Known Member Supporter

welcome to the bersae forum, enjoy!

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the Bersa Forum Doc !!

Cuatro Bersas...Muy bueno amigo !!

4. David

David Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the family! I always thought the Plus was pretty accurate.

5. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the forum, DocNugent.

6. DocNugent

These were its first 15 rounds:
    [​IMG]

7. David

Are you shooting 6:00 or covering target?

8. rjgnwdc

rjgnwdc Active Member

Welcome... kinda sprayed them all over... it should get better

9. DocNugent

Top of sight blades even with vertical center of target (where the little "10" is), so I'd call that "covering bottom half of target" (see attachment below).

Also, take into account I'm 65 and usually wear bifocals (I use my "computering" glasses that focus at about two feet for range shooting to get a good focus on the front sight - rear sight and target are blurred at that point). I was pretty darned happy I got all 15 into the pericardium!

Attached Files:

10. jc57

jc57 Active Member

Fine shooting there Doc! In my younger days I worried more about group size and cutting out the X ring and such things. My eyesight isn't as good as it once was either. Recently I have started practicing using no sights at all, and holding my pistol extended at about waist height firing one-handed only (with each hand), so I'm happy if it hits the silhouette at all :) Actually the last time I did that, shooting from about the 7 yard line, I put 49 of 50 into a normal sized silhouette target (no idea where that 50th round went unless one of the two-hole groups was really a 3-hole). They were kind of scattered around a bit on the target but if it had been a bad guy he would have been having a real bad day.

I'm still trying to work on the muscle memory but I'm actually quite surprised how quickly you can learn to shoot like that and get good center-of-mass hits even firing left handed from waist height. Oddly enough, I get my best results shooting my Bersa Thunder 45 like that. I guess it just points naturally.

11. David

Oh, yeah... that's extremely accurate. That's what I expect of a Plus. However, if you got all 15 around the pericardium (or even the myocardium, itself), then that target is much, much smaller than I expected.

In any case, very fine shootin'!!!

12. DocNugent

If I misused "pericardium" (I meant the sac surrounding the heart), it's because my doctorate is in psychology, not medicine.

I think that target is 5" x 7" - it looks about the same size as my heart was on the xray they took before my quad bypass (they said I had an enlarged heart, but I like to think of myself as "big hearted" - it just sounds better).
    :D

13. David

Yeah, the pericardium is the sac surrounding the heart. However, the sac is relatively thin and goes all around the heart, so if you hit the peri, you pretty much hit the heart.

I don't have a completed degree in anything related to Human Anatomy and Physiology, but I did stay at the Holiday Inn Express last night!

My mother had a quad bypass. Stayed in ICU for 8 days and I was bustin' my butt for the next two months taking care of her. Poor thing... she really was in a lot of pain.

14. Themajickman

Themajickman Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum from Stone Mountain Georgia

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012