Bersa Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well well, I got to the range after a long enough (too long) dry spell. Among other pistols, I took my new BP9CC. I have to tell you all, the reviews of this pistol that I saw before buying have been correct - this pistol is a nice shooter! I started to gravitate more to the BP9cc than the other pistols I had with me, though the SCCY CPX-2 was favored as well. I won't mention the other two/ Anyway, the Bersa BP9CC just felt so good in the hands. The recoil was just nothing noticeable for me (I'm a big guy and hold a good grip on my guns when shooting). Yes, the BP9CC was a pleasure to shoot. The accuracy is as good as any from 10 yards. Five yard groups were right on with single handed shots hitting where I expected. Groupings from 10 yards were all in a fist sized area. I'm no expert, and do not practice as much as I like, but I was very pleased with how I performed, and how the BP9CC performed. It is a joy to shoot. Two hundred rounds on this first outing and not a single FTF, FTE, Stove Pipe, nothing. The only concern I had from the start was what seemed to be light strikes on the first few rounds. That happened 3 or 4 times, but after that, the pistol did what was expected when the trigger was pulled - that being it sent a piece of lead down range. And speaking of the trigger, oh boy! The trigger, sooo nice. The pull on the trigger was just almost unnoticeable. Follow-up shots just came so naturally. There seemed to be almost no reset. I've not shot a pistol until yesterday that had a trigger that was so nice - smooth as butter! The gun felt natural in my hands, pointed down range naturally, fired accurately in both single shot and rapid-fire multiple sequences. The recoil for me was mild. The pistol is just a joy to shoot.

·
Premium Member
4,224 Posts
Glad to hear it rt. I'm hoping Santa will bring me one for Christmas.:D

·
Premium Member
1,955 Posts
Glad to hear that makes me even more excited to get to shoot mine! I've not had the chance to fire mine yet between work and weather:( but really looking forward to it even more now!:D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad to hear that makes me even more excited to get to shoot mine! I've not had the chance to fire mine yet between work and weather:( but really looking forward to it even more now!:D

Yeah man! Sometimes delays like that just happen, what with weather and busy schedules and other stuff. I hope you like yours as much as I like mine now. Really, I found the pistol is just a smooooth shooter! Bersa has not let me down.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
I really like th BP9CC. I see they are also available in 380 and 40 s&w. The 40 dosent do anything for me, but I think I would like one in 380. I know, why 380 when you can have a 9? But why 9 when you can have a 40? It's personal preference, I know the 9 is more powerful, I just like the 380 acp.

Anyhow, the only thing keeping me from getting on the BPCC ship is the trigger, it's just too good. Light pull and short reset. Be great for the range and maybe for some light completion. Is it to light if the adrenaline is flowing? Don't know, but sure is a sweet pistol. Hickok45 has a good review on it.

·
Premium Member
4,224 Posts
Hey greg, no need to justify your preference for the 380 here. During my career as a Law Enforcement Officer, I know of a few folks who were put to rest with a 380 round. Trust me, a 380 WILL DO THE JOB, regardless of what the so called experts have to say. This by the way is from almost 30 years on the job where I have seen my fair share of homicides.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I really like th BP9CC. I see they are also available in 380 and 40 s&w. The 40 dosent do anything for me, but I think I would like one in 380. I know, why 380 when you can have a 9? But why 9 when you can have a 40? It's personal preference, I know the 9 is more powerful, I just like the 380 acp.

Anyhow, the only thing keeping me from getting on the BPCC ship is the trigger, it's just too good. Light pull and short reset. Be great for the range and maybe for some light completion. Is it to light if the adrenaline is flowing? Don't know, but sure is a sweet pistol. Hickok45 has a good review on it.

Greg- A trigger that is too good? Nah!

Light pull and short reset? Heck yeah! That's what people want.

Great for the range and maybe some light competition? Maybe, sure can't deter from improved shooting scores in competition, but Bersa likely did not have that in mind for the BP8CC.

Hickok 45's review? Ha ha ha, it's funny. He loves the pistol, probably more than his Gaston Glock, but he won't come right out and say it. Bersa, among others beat Glock to the single stack 9mm idea, Game over for Glock, they missed the bus.
Bersa BP9CC really leaves nothing to be desired.

·
Premium Member
1,955 Posts
Know im going to be off this sunday, company won't let us work more than 13 days in a row, they don't like paying double time to you until you do get a day off, so saturday is my 13th day in a row. Plan on hitting range sunday afternoon and running some rounds thru the bp9cc as well as a few others. Going to step the wife up to the .38 since she is doing so well with the .380:D weather permiting and it looks like its suppose to be nice, 70 and sunshine with a fair amount of flying lead in the forecast:D

·
Premium Member
4,224 Posts
Looking forward to a range report mule.:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
forecast

Know im going to be off this sunday, company won't let us work more than 13 days in a row, they don't like paying double time to you until you do get a day off, so saturday is my 13th day in a row. Plan on hitting range sunday afternoon and running some rounds thru the bp9cc as well as a few others. Going to step the wife up to the .38 since she is doing so well with the .380:D weather permiting and it looks like its suppose to be nice, 70 and sunshine with a fair amount of flying lead in the forecast:D
Yeah! No doubt you will enjoy that range time! Sending lead through the air on a sunny day, with good company, there's a good way to spend a few hours of the day.

·
Premium Member
1,955 Posts
Yeah! No doubt you will enjoy that range time! Sending lead through the air on a sunny day, with good company, there's a good way to spend a few hours of the day.
So true, wife don't care for my other hobbies so this is one we can do together even if it is only once in awhile and in short spurts.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Shot my BP9CC for the First Time Today

It made it up to 50 F today so I tool my new Bersa BP9CC out to see what kind of ammo it liked. I just swabbed the barrel with a dry patch wiped the rails, barrel , springs and such with oil and put a little grease on the hammer and trigger and started trying ammo.

I really like the sights on the BP9CC. The big white dot on the front sight stands out against the smaller dots on the rear sights. That's a big help for 73 year old eyes needing cataract surgery.

I shot about 30 or 40 rounds though it. It gave trouble with some ammo. The ammo that worked, worked flawlessly. The ammo that didn't work, didn't work uniformly and failed to feed the same way every time. The gun shot where I pointed it. It hit the target when I pulled the trigger when the sights crossed the target.

The trigger and reset were as good or better than guns I've sent almost as much as the BP9CC cost on their triggers.

I don't think the trigger's too light. The trigger does't fire unless I pull it. I don't rest my finger on the trigger any more and I have only did once 68 years ago.

The BP9CC ate PMC 115 gr just fine. It failed to extract 115 gr Winchester white box leaving the brass with 3/8 of an inch sticking out of the chamber and the slide resting on a round in the magazine looking like a double feed. I need to look at the extractor and see if it is fully engaging the rim on the ammo. When I shot 115 gr Hornady Critical Defense I had three smokestacks and quit. When is switched to 135 grain Hornady Critical Duty it ran like a sewing machine.

I've had problems with Hornady Critical Defense in guns with strong recoil springs or guns that dry or dirty. The ammo just doesn't recoil very hard.

I expect I was running the gun too dry using to heavy a lubricant for a new gun. The ammo the gave problems was also lighter than the 134 to 147 grains recommended by Bersa. I try to find a combination of recoil spring and ammo in a carry gun that runs a gun when it's dirty and dry. Not that I run guns that way, but I may not have a choice.

I don't feel the extraction and smokestack to be a serious problem in a gun I've shot less than 50 round through.

I think the BP9CC will make dandy carry gun. It's small, light and thin. I might find a little stiffer trigger spring and weaker recoil spring and shoot Hornady Critical Defense instead of Hornady Critical Duty. I have no problems carrying it as is.

Red

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
I have no doubt that the BP9CC will be a good gun for you. Give it a chance to settle in. You might want to clean the striker/firing pin channel. I have heard that manufacturing /shipping goo is present in some of the BP9CC series that can cause light strikes.

I'm sure some of the BP9CC owners will chime in soon.

Welcome to the forum, hope to see you around here often.

·
Premium Member
1,955 Posts
I have no doubt that the BP9CC will be a good gun for you. Give it a chance to settle in. You might want to clean the striker/firing pin channel. I have heard that manufacturing /shipping goo is present in some of the BP9CC series that can cause light strikes.

I'm sure some of the BP9CC owners will chime in soon.

Welcome to the forum, hope to see you around here often.
Mine had a lot of packing grease in it when I got mine and I cleaned it out before I went to the range and haven't had any issues with so far.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I gave my BP9CC a decent cleaning. The firing pin seemed smooth and free. (latter this proves true.) I put it back together a bit wetter than I usually do.

I just got back from the range. It looks like the Winchester White Box is loaded light. The BP9CC ate S&B 115 gr ammo like nobody's business. I always shoot a couple of mags of S&B to be sure I won't have problems with light strikes. The primers in S&B ammo are harder than any self defense ammo I know of and it has been good inexpensive, consistent ammo for me.

I shot about 100 rounds with no FTF the only FTE were on the Winchester White box.

It fed all the 124 grain ammo I fed it. It ate 115 gr S&B just fine. It shined on 115 gain Winchester White box. The empty would be left in the camber and the slide would pick up the next round and jam. It was little trouble to clear. Lock the slide, drop the mag, shake the pistol and the empty falls out of the chamber, pick up the round that failed to feed, drop it in the camber, drop the slide, fully insert the magazine and continue firing. If the magazine if filled with the box Winchester White box I have repeated 7 times. The same ammo worked fine in the CZ 85C. I suspect I got box of Winchester that isn't loaded up to specs or the extractor rim doesn't fit the extractor. Because the case sure isn't stuck in the chamber as it just fall out when I point the gun up.

I feel the problems feeding low power factor ammo is due to the strength of the recoil spring. The slide is harder for me to rack than I think it needs to be. I haven't shot it outside to see where the brass falls so I can't say for sure.

I was shooting with a friend trying out his new CZ 85 Combat for the first time. This 73 year old man was pleased to be very completive with my 26 year old friend shooting my BP9CC that is 2 inches shorter, weighs half as much and cost 70% as much as his full sized CZ 85C that a number of IDPA winners shoot.

To me the most impressive thing about the BP9CC is the the contrast between the front and rear dots on the sights. I have never seen a set of sight easier for my old eyes to line up than the big white dot n the front sight and small grayer dots on the rear sight. That was what sold me on the gun. The trigger is growing on me.

If I just go by the feel I don't like if very well. Shooting A/B with the BP9CC and CZ 85 Combat side by side, the CZ 85C has one of the best single action trigger short of 1911, the results are almost the same as the BP9CC with 2 inch shorter sight radius that weighs half as much with either on of us shooting them.

I also like being able to load the magazine by hand faster than I can with a magazine loader with only the eight round taking any effort.

I'll start carrying it loaded with Hornady Critical Duty as soon has 200 or 300 more rounds though it.

Red

“If you’re in a fair fight, you didn’t plan it properly.” - Nick Lappos, Chief R&D Pilot, Sikorsky Aircraft

1 - 17 of 17 Posts