Bersa Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 4 months of the wrong one coming in I was taking the wife to Hobby Lobby out of town and said "I didn't know this town had an Acadamy". After droppimg her off I returned and in the back was an all black BT .380. It had a grip I didn't expect and was $22 higher then I was going to pay at my local LGS but it was THERE. BTW, here it is.

My plan was to replace the grip anyway with a Walnut or walnut stained one and sand it to a thin profil anyway. Pros; the finish was better then I ever expected. It fit my nylon holster for my Kahr P9.

Cons; the decocker was as stated, stiff as a board but I have it loosened up quite a bit now. The screws for these grips are way too long to ever be used for thin grips.

My question is; Can I get shorter screws for any replacement grips or can these be cut off? These grips feel OK but are way thicker then I plan for the finished gun. Comment or suggestions appreciated. After 3 days of cleaning and barrel lapping I am about to go fire a few rounds.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, and the mag is 7+1 so it's not the combat. It's just a BT .380 with that grip on it. BTW I did take it to the local cravess and shot it with the 7 rd mag plus an 8 rd Meggar mag. Used +1 with both. So far no failures but that's only 17 rds. Will take it to the range later.

Shooting into water does give you instant feed-back and I can say the fixed barrel was very accurate. I am pleased so far.

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
Congratulations on the find. I think well enough of the BT-380s that I bought a second one last year for my self and one as a gift to my younger brother.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still have a question about screws. Can I get shorter ones, other then the ones that came with that wide grip? Really would like to put some thin walnut grips on this thing.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is an Academy exclusive pistol - Thunder 380 Matte black with rubber wrap around grips.
I will take it. BTW is there a way to get some shorter grip screws in order to have some thin walnut or walnut stained grips?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I found I can use the screws for the CC model with the walnut panels and they work fine.

Also carry ammo is not showing up around here just FMJ. I have a partial box of Winchester Silver Tips that are probably 25 years old but I don't believe I have enough for a reliability test and still have enough left over to carry.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Someone told me the CC screws would fit and they are only 3/16" long. He also said the Plus has a shorter screw but it would not fit the BT .380. Either way 3/16" sounds perfect to me. BTW I will be keeping the rubber wrap around grips since they feel great, just a little thick for carry.

·
Gold Member
50 Posts
I just put the wrap around grips from my Firestorm .22 on my Thunder .380. Although it is now a Frankenbersa, I think they feel better as well. The wrap arounds enables me to control the weapon better.

I put the plastic panels on the Firestorm......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts