Extended Warranty...yes/no?

Discussion in 'General Bersa Discussion' started by CHASER, Mar 4, 2013.

1. CHASER

CHASER Member

I just picked up my new Bersa Thunder at Gander Mountain. They asked me if I wanted the extended warranty for $30. I declined only because I read on the website that Bersa offers a lifetime warranty for their firearms to the original owner, which I am. So I didn't think it was necessary to get another one and have to pay for it. Did I make the right choice based on your experiences with this company? I think they said I have a couple of weeks to get it if I changed my mind.

2. PatrickinGa

PatrickinGa Member

Based on what you say, assuming it is accurate, and appears that it should be, how would having ext warranty help you, other than paying $30.00 more for the gun than you pay now, and hope someone will pay in the future should you choose to sell.

Resale for a nice gun at a fair price should never be a problem in the future.

When do they generally tell us about add-on extended warranties?

Good luck with your choice.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Why pay $30 for a warranty when you already have a manufacturers lifetime...good call !!

4. levelcross

levelcross Well-Known Member

Now if that warranty covered ammo replenishment's I'm in.:D

5. CHASER

CHASER Member

Yea. That would be awesome.. Haha

6. BersaOwner

BersaOwner Well-Known Member

A few years ago I picked up a Ruger SR 40 at Gander Mountain & the salesman talked me into the extended warranty. He said that they have a gunsmith on duty & he could do any repairs in house, even clean my new if I wanted them to.
    Two weeks later they canned their smith closed the shop & told me they will never offer that service again.:eek:
    So now I will never step foot into Gander Mountain again!

7. CHASER

CHASER Member

What a rip off. Glad I declined their warrant.