Disassemble lever

Discussion in 'General Bersa Discussion' started by grerod, May 25, 2020.

1. grerod

grerod New Member

I fired the gun today about 60 rounds and the slide lock never engaged after the clip was empty. The slide lock as never work consistently. The gun has less than 300 rounds fired in it. When I got home was going to disassemble it but the lever goes down real easy but the slide will not pull back far enough to get it removed. I guess I need to send it in for repairs. Any suggestions?

2. Oscar

Oscar Active Member

When you say the slide stop doesn't work consistently; it works sometimes? If so check your magazines and see which magazine holds the slide back after the last round. One of your magazines may have a worn or bad follower. Have you removed the slide before? I am right handed so I keep my left index finger on the take down lever when removing the slide. I keep pressure on it to make sure it is all the way forward. I use my right hand to pull the slide back. It does require a firm grip and a good pull.

3. grerod

grerod New Member

The slide worked the first couple of times I used the gun a couple of months ago but not at all yesterday. The takedown lever acts as though it is not working. I can push it down and it just stays and when I pull the side back it just will not go back far enough to release.

4. Oscar

Oscar Active Member

Perhaps you should call Eagle Imports and see if they have any remedies.(732) 493-0333. Good luck.