Customer Service, Colorado Gun Works

Discussion in 'General Bersa Discussion' started by JackStraw, Aug 31, 2017.

1. JackStraw

JackStraw Well-Known Member

I brought my Bersa Thunder 380cc to Rural King more than 2 mos ago. Granted they screwed up and it took them two weeks to get it sent to Bersa to get it fixed. Bersa, or Co Gun Works got it about the 4th of July. I called a few weeks ago and they said I should get it in a week or two. I called twice this week and could not get a hold of anyone.

Taurus Service takes forever--at least six weeks. I am finding that Bersa Service is even worse!

I leave messages and get no response from Colorado Gun Works and to me, they should have just replaced the darn thing!

2. Silverbullet

Silverbullet Well-Known Member

CGW is in the midst of moving to a larger facility. Phones are not working in both places. See his fb page. Hope this helps.

3. Oldbob1

Oldbob1 Member

Saw on Colorado Gun works Facebook page, they have phones in both buildings now. Should make them easier to reach. Hope they are getting caught up on their backlog. It's been two months ago this week since I sent it off. I miss my .380 CC.

4. Oldbob1

Oldbob1 Member

Got my 380 CC back today. Had a letter saying that the backlog should be caught up by the end of October. I think he's in the new shop now. May do a road trip next spring just to see the new shop. They will have a retail store in the new building.

5. JackStraw

JackStraw Well-Known Member

I got my Bersa Thunder 380cc back yesterday. There was a checksheet with these five things listed with a checkmark: 1. Frame - Feedway, 2. Barrel, Throat, 3. Magazine, Follower Assembly, 4. Disconnecting System and 5. Slide Catch lever system. The card also discussed other things: 1. Don't over oil, 2. Make sure recoil spring is properly installed, 3. Use factory magazines, 4. Use factory ammo. 5. Don't risk voiding warranty by having firearm worked on by non-authorized personnel. Additionally, they listed acceptable ammo. Practice: Remington UMC, and Magtech, Black Hills, Federal American Eagle, and Armscor.
    Self Defense lists Remington Golden Saber and Hornady Critical Defense. Finally, it says do not use: Winchester White Box, PPU, Wolf, Tulammo, or anything eastern european or steel cased.

The gun works well now and the accuracy seems to have changed but it may be my relationship to the sighting on the CC. The sights are very low and I have to shoot choosing the low end of the sighting to get accuracy.

When I called the Colorado Gun Works, they said they do an upgrade. i asked what that was as mine is a recent serial number. They said they are a performance shop. I don't know what that means per se or if any of the parts are now non-standard. I did notice while shooting that the trigger is very very light as I shot it before i expected to quite a few times. Since I haven't had the gun for a half year, I don't know if it has really changed or not.

6. mulescj8

mulescj8 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Glad you got it back and it seems to be improved, I have a .380cc and mine has always been a picky eater. Its a purty piece in nickel and zebra wood grips. As far as accuracy I've always considered the CC model to be an up close and personal gut gun. I use to carry mine but most of my EDC are striker fired now with the exception of my .38:D

boomerguy49 likes this.
  7. boomerguy49

boomerguy49 Well-Known Member