Bersa Forum banner

Crossbreed Holster

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Gibbs 
#1 ·
Has anyone used them? What do you think?

#4 · (Edited)
CrossBreed GREAT Allien wear.. NOT!

Want an opinion? Mine GREAT for Crossbreed not good at all for Alienwear. I received the holster from Aliengear yesterday (5-8-14) and took off my CrossBreed holster for my Taurus 45 Millennium, and put the new Alienwear holster on. I had a very difficult time putting on the holster compared to the CrossBreed. When I went to put in the BersaThunder 22 I have it was so snug that it made the slide go back, eject a shell and then the next shell was was jammed. Not good. The .22 shell was down inside the holster now and I took it all off and looked at the holster.

Poor design (Alienwear). The leather is extra soft and the way that the Plastic Shell is set up for a pistol it does not lend to good support. They use sand-offs for the placement of the holster Plastic Shell to the leather, and they are merely cut pieces of rubber fuel line hose. Mine were. You can see the treading like you would see in a rubber fuel line hose. Guess it works well for what they are intending it to do, but intentions aside, it just doesn't work that well.

I tried using the longer screws and longer rubber stand offs placements for attaching the Plastic Shell to the leather and it still binds the pistol putting it into the holster. They have a 30 day "try it and if you don't like it return it" guarantee, and I intend to call/write them immediately to return this holster.

I have 2 CrossBreed holsters with lifetime warranty that are so far superior to this Alienwear holster I can't even begin to compare. They (the Cross Breed) holsters may cost more but they are definitely worth EVERY PENNY you spend on them. I had a holster from them for my Taurus Millennium PRO and wear it EVERY day for the past 4 years and it developed a crack in the plastic. I did not even notice as it was still retaining and carrying the pistol so nicely. Contacted Cross Breed, sent the holster back and they sent me a brand new holster, no charge!!

Now, the funny thing is, I "can" carry my Bersa Thunder .380 in the CrossBreed holster (that was designed for my Taurus) and it carries very well. It is not a great fit, but even though that holster is not meant for the Bersa, it held it it in there BETTER than the new one from Alienwear Holsters.

Now you have my opinion of the 2 different holsters - Alienwear vs CrossBreed. I have been shooting pistols since I was 18 (now 60) so I have had a few years of different pistols, holsters and the like in my years of shooting. Going back to CrossBreed (I am not affiliated with the CrossBreed holster company, or people, other than as a normal consumer)
Yes, I have pictures of the Alienwear holster issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.