Browning BDA

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by boomerguy49, Feb 8, 2018.

1. boomerguy49

boomerguy49 Well-Known Member

When I was at the Local Gun Shop (LGS) the other day, I noticed a Browning BDA 380 and handled it. Now I'm in love! I researched it and found that it is actually a Beretta made in Italy under contract by FN. I won't bore you with details but its history is fascinating and it fits my small hand perfectly. The quality is what you would expect in a Ferrari.
    Has anyone had any experience with this pistol? The reviews are fantastic regarding reliability and accuracy.

2. Renaldo

Renaldo Well-Known Member

Nice find! I have not owned one. It's a Beretta Cheetah, but without the recognizable Beretta exposed barrel slide. I believe the new slide also made some kind of the change to the safety. Still quality, just "de-Beretta'd" lol.

A Cheetah goes for around $650-800, I think. How much was the Browning?

3. boomerguy49

boomerguy49 Well-Known Member

This Browning BDA 380 has a black frame, wood grips and is in decent condition with a few scuffs. The LGS is asking $400 for it which is probably fair. I haven't gone back because I'm not sure if I have the "will power" (or "won't power") to not buy it. Man, does that pistol feel just right in my hand. It is the Goldilocks pistol for me.

Renaldo likes this.
  4. Renaldo

Renaldo Well-Known Member

That's a good price. They only made those for a couple of years. I'd have a hard time staying away from it too lol.