BP9cc sticky mag...

Discussion in 'General Bersa Discussion' started by cjive134, Jun 30, 2013.

1. cjive134

cjive134 Active Member

My BP9cc has one mag that sticks in the mag-well. I can push the mag release all the way in and I have to grab and pull the mag out.

Just a little extra info. These are empty magazines. One mag works perfectly, the other mag seems identical but something is up with it.

Has anyone had this issue and if so, is there a remedy that doesnt involve sending to Bersa?

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

So, you are saying that the one mag doesn't drop free if unloaded...!?

3. cjive134

cjive134 Active Member

No, its more like there is something binding or catching. empty or full the good mag will come popping out with the slide in the forward (closed)position. The bad mag catches or binds in someway when I do the same

Another thing, the bad mag I REALLY have to push the release button to get it out. The good mag just pops free with the same pressure I have to exert on other guns.

Just a side note, I went shooting today, but I only brought the good mag. The good mag feeds perfectly and the gun functions 100% with the good mag. Should have brought both but I only wanted to shoot 50 rounds of 9mm this time out.

4. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Sounds like your bad mag is a little out of spec. Is the mag new and a Bersa manuf. mag? Is it used or may it have possibly been dropped? If the mag is overiszed or distored, it would really be hard to get it right again without making it worse. Believe me, I have tried.

You may be able to compare the amount of "play" in the mags. You can remove your slide and insert each mag with the slide off. Check the amount of "play" that each one has in the mag well by looking through the top with the slide off. Work your mag release and check for binding as you remove the mag. May just be some excessive metal on the mag in the arrea where it makes contact with the mag release. If there is a burr or too much metal, you will have to tinker at your own risk with the notch in the mag.

5. David

David Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

What is the brand name of the mag in question?

6. cjive134

cjive134 Active Member

I'll have to take a closer look at them tomorrow with a vernier caliper, and see if there are any outward differences. I quickly examined both mags and they appeared to be identical.

As for the brand, they are the factory mags that came with the pistol which I bought new a weeks ago. I cleaned them out as they were pretty filthy with preservative and dirt, making sure to reassemble them as they were from the factory. Other than that they are as they were from the factory.

7. David

David Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

You got me. Perhaps someone knowledgeable about Bersa close to you can take a look at it? Where are you located, by the way?

8. jkurt70

jkurt70 Member

Same problem..... Cleaned both mag exteriors with #9. Thoroughly wiped clean and dry. Apply a light coat of gun oil, insert and remove mags several times. Wipe mags clean again. On mag release button, each side one drop of gun oil. Work button back and forth without mag in place. 600 rds, it is a new gun and the mags are dropping better and cleaner. For me there has been a noticeable improvement.

jk70

9. cjive134

cjive134 Active Member

I did a number of measurements and the two mags differ in size by a few thousandths of a millimeter. I then wiped the bad mag down and lightly sanded the areas that contact the mag release to remove any burs. Still not working.

Called Bersa and the bad mag is going back for an exchange.

10. IraqNback

IraqNback New Member

I had this problem with one of my mag's as well. Solution for me was some sandpaper. Depending on how bad it is will depend on what grit sandpaper you start with. The last one you want to use will be around 600 grit. If you have a micrometer you can mike the two and you will probably find the one that is sticking is larger. Put some black magic marker on the mag and then insert it that will tell you where it is rubbing. Hope this helps you.

11. cjive134

cjive134 Active Member

I think i'll try this tomorrow with some white china pencil. I'd like to fix this myself without sending it in.