Bersa Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one on the way. This little pistol just seemed to stay after me and bug me until I purchased it. Does that happen to anyone else but me? I seem to get a certain gun "on the brain" and buying it seems to be the only treatment. $369 seemed to be a decent price. I don't wish to offend Bersa but the BP9CC is the gun Glock could have sold millions of had they listened to their customers back when the Shield came out. I'm looing forward to putting a good set of sights on it and running some ammo thru it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The BP came out well before the Shield, by the way. We like to feel like we came out with the ultimate little polymer 9mm first. Enjoy your pistol!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I took delivery of the BP9CC today. Obviously a lot of thought went into the design of the gun. Fit & finish look good and the trigger is the best I have felt on any polymer handgun. I don't understand why Bersa did not use a Sig design on the front and rear sight or use a Glock design on the front and rear sight. Why use a Sig on the front and a Glock on the rear? Being able to buy sights in a set instead of individually would have been more convenient. Anyway, reliability is most important to me and I have several hundred rounds of 115gr ammo to start with to see how it functions. It required a very intense cleaning out of the box which is fine. It sorta gives me the opportunity to familiarize myself with the gun. I really like the layout and feel of the gun so far. Hope it shoots as well as it looks and feels.
I know the Shield has a strong following but this Bersa fells much better in the hand to me than a Shield.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The OD green one has super powers that the black one does not come with, or so I tell myself. Mine has been a great shooter. The trigger is something a little different, but easy to master.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Woke up to about 20 degrees this morning with heavy frost but still had to put 100rnds through it. The first cartridge failed to go into full battery but after that all were 100% with no malfunctions of any kind. Accuracy is surprisingly good so far; on par with my G19. Recoil is also very manageable.
Not a fan of the mag disconnect and will investigate the possibility of it's clueless disappearance. ... As long as reliability is 100% I have to say Bersa has a real winner with this gun.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mine has been 100% so far. It is very accurate, and, like you said, the recoil is very manageable. I have had other micro 9mm pistols and each were uncomfortable to shoot on some level. The worst was the Keltec Pf9.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Managed to get some more shooting time in today with no more feeding issues. The slide did fail to lock open on the last shot a few times but at this point I am not certain that my strong hand thumb did not interfere with the slide stop lever. I like the thinness of the lever but it is a good bit larger than what I am used to. I'll pay more attention to my thumb placement and see if that's where the problem is. Tickled with the accuracy of this single-stack so far. As accurate as several of my larger 9mm pistols.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shot another 100 rounds today with no malfunctions. This gun has been a breeze to carry and is actually fun to shoot. It seems to shoot low so I am wondering if a 6.9 Glock rear sight would help.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have maybe 300rnd through mine at this time. My one and only complaint thus far is the mag release button. That ridge around it is to proud.
I may go after that and remove just a wee bit of material.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have maybe 300rnd through mine at this time. My one and only complaint thus far is the mag release button. That ridge around it is to proud.
I may go after that and remove just a wee bit of material.
My mag release was quite stiff out of the box but working it back and forth while in my recliner at night has helped it considerably already. The ridge is similar to other designs but is pronounced. I don't see it as a problem so far and as the release wears in more it should become easier. I will just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
117 Posts
This thread made me look it up. Looks good, but a quick Google of YouTube reviews I found this one, and what are your thoughts of it compared to theirs?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y0D0Ot2sog[/ame]

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've seen all his reviews on the BP9cc. He has experienced an issue with the trigger sometimes 'pinching" his trigger finger. I simply have not been able to duplicate this in my shooting. My hands/fingers are medium sized and that may be the difference. I have owned several single-attacks and so far the Bersa tops them all in ergos, It's the only one that has felt good in hand. Some will argue that the grip is longer than other sub-compacts and that is probably true in some cases and that's one determining factor of me buying it. I detest two-finger grip sub-compacts.
I have not had my Bersa long enough to attest to it's long term durability but I really am not worried. I know this is gonna hurt some guys feelings but the fit and finish of the gun exceeds that of many higher priced polymer pistols. There's no "pig nose" between the frame and slide fit, the trigger shape is wide and flat and the pull is light with a super-short reset. The sights are good for factory sights and are easily replaced with a rear Glock and front #8 Sig sight.
There's a lot of "gun snobbery" out there from those that think Glock or Sig are the only guns worth having. I own several Glocks and I have to say this Bersa looks , feels, and shoots like no less of a quality pistol than them. As I said, I only have 200 rounds through it so far so I cannot attest to how it will be 10,000 rounds from now. I like my Bersa ALOT. I do not regret this purchase at all so far and had I handled it before buying another single stack 9MM I would have took the Bersa over it. I also like the OD green frame.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just a note;
In my stocking was a holster fom PJ holsters IWB and it works great for me. Fits wonderful and allows for a one handed re-holster. Now the BP ill get ito my CC rotation.
I will be going to him,(owner Paul), for one for a another pistol I have.
I have no connection with them, just mentioning something ht works for the BP.
There still is not a ton of holster options out there.
beaglenc

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
300 rounds so far with no malfunctions of any kind. The mag release button was very stiff/gritty but working it back&forth in my recliner at night has really smoothed it out to the point where I can easily operate the release with either my index or middle finger.
This is a really nice single-stack and I will go out on a limb and say it's the best one I have used for under$450. It's a shame it doesn't get more play than it does. A lot of thought went into this design.
Has anyone here had any problems with theirs? I've read the review from one owner who claims 3,000 rounds through his so far.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts