Bought a S&W Mod. 10-5 .38 spl..

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by Pancho_Villa, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Early morning snag at the San Antonio gunshow. Guy came by my table looking to trade this pretty nice Mod. 10-5. He wanted a Benelli shotgun, which I did not have. He could not make an even swap anywhere, so he was down to 250 form 3 bills on it. I lowballed him at 150 and after some haggle time, he settled for 180.

Gun appears to be pinned and recessed with @ 95% or better of it's blue. Nice bore. Gun shows little wear with just a bit of blue thinning at the sharp corners and muzzle. Grips are nice Pachy Grippers, but well worn. He forgot the original grips of course. Gun has a 4: barrel, fixed sights, and locks up tight. Only has a slight ring on the cylinder from the bolt/cylinder stop.

Good pistola, coudln't pass it up.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2013
  2. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporter

Very nice PV, congratulations !!

3. Pancho_Villa

Dug up some old Remmy 158 gr. lead RN. Just the ticket for an old M&P revo. Set the target back to 15 yds. and did a single action, slow fire on it. Gun printed pretty [email protected] well. Just a bit off center. Might relieve the forcing cone a bit and see if it tightens up more and shifts a bit more left. Seems to have helped others like it before. Won't hurt any. Tried some 125 JHP Remmys too. Shot those mre to the right.

[​IMG]

4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Congrats PV !!

I've always liked S&W revolvers...

5. Pancho_Villa

Yep, I like them too. So smoooooooth in DA and an SA that breaks like glass.

6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Here are my two S&W revolvers...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  7. Pancho_Villa

Ya got some classics there SHOOTER! I always wanted a 13, but have never come across one, well not cheap anyway. I have come across some.

8. jpshaw

jpshaw Well-Known Member

I love old Model 10's. The only one I have now is an old M&P (built before model designation) with a serial number that has no alphabetical prefix. Some Smith person said he thinks it's 1931 mgf/

9. vince

vince Well-Known Member

Oh, that brings back memories. My first hand gun was a model 10, sadly it was stolen from my home 25 years ago, while I was hospitalized. I quickly learned about firearm security. I felt worse about letting my gun fall into the wrong hands, than my loss.

10. mulescj8

mulescj8 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter