Bersa Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a new holster for concealed carry. I am currently using a crossbreed holster but the leather is starting to let the gun tip out a little and the kydex part is cracked. I am carrying outside the waistband on right hip and want something that will hold gun tight to my body so it does not show too bad. It is a S&W m&p 2.0 compact. Anyone have any suggestions on holsters that you like.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm not sure what would work best for you or you pistol as I have little knowledge of holsters, but I use a Fobus paddle holster mostly. I used it on a Taurus 85, a Taurus 111 Pro, and now my Bersa Thunder.

·
NRA Life Member
379 Posts
Ahhh! The eternal quest for the perfect holster. I consider myself somewhat of a minor league expert having a plastic storage box full, one drawer in my dresser full and one shelf in my gun closet full. I say “minor league” because I’m sure there are many gun owners out there with more than me.

I carry mostly IWB and I use Kydex. When I carry OWB I agree with Newt and I use Fobus. Like Kydex, retention is good with Fobus. It gives an audible click when gun is inserted. However The Fobus design does not hold the gun tight to the body.

I’ve never been satisfied with the leather holsters because gun retention is either too strong or too loose. With Kydex and some Fobus models the retention is adjustable. Years ago I was using a suede leather holster named “Soft Tuck” which was more pliable than most cowhide designs, and a couple times, when I did a gun check and the gun had worked its way upward from the fully seated position.

Maybe some day I’ll find my perfect holster. Until then I’ll keep on adding to my collection. Good luck with your quest.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts