Bersa Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brought my early Christmas present home, a Bersa Thunder 380 Plus. It has the double stack 15 round mag, topping of with 15+1. I haven't shot any paper on the range yet, but it certainly knocks the soda cans around quite well. Accurate up close and pretty darned good out to 40 yards or so. I'm just in love with the grips, although a finger extension might be in the near future. Muscle memory tell my brain the grip feel is "Almost" exactly like my 92FS. Can't help but smile at the "Mini Me" feel,,,,
De-cocker works great, mag's drop freely, sights need a little softening but haven't hung up yet.

So has / does anyone else here handled this little shooter as of yet? I'd be interested in other folks input, suggestions and comments.

Have only fed it 95 gr. ball rounds so far. Will run the gambit later after I can get to the shop for different ammo. Certainly interested in what other folks feed theirs,,,,,

·
Premium Member
1,955 Posts
I don't have that particular model of bersa but have several .380's and I have fed mine a steady mix of Winchester, Remington, Blazer, PMC, etc not had any issues. I'm not crazy about the flat nosed stuff but it does run it.:D

·
Premium Member
4,224 Posts
Hey Hamm, welcome again. I don't own the BT Plus but I do have two BT's, a 380 for EDC and a 22 for plinking and practice. The BT's are great little guns. They are well made and shoot like a dream once you break them in. Not sure how many rounds you have through yours but I would advise you to shoot at least 300 to 400 rounds of ball ammo before considering it broke-in. Once your BT is broke-in the ramp should be nice and smooth and you should be able to shoot HP's and any other ammo without any problems.

I shoot Federal 95 grn FMJ when I practice at the range but I use the Lehigh Defense Xtreme Penetrator for EDC. It's expensive as hell but IMHO it's the best 380 SD round out there. They look like a Phillips head screwdriver and they don't collapes in that they are all copper. As far as holsters and accessesories are concerned, there are many to choose from when it comes to the BT380. I tell folks all the time, if you shoot the right ammo and keep it clean the BT380 will do you justice.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the Thunder Plus, as well as a regular 7 round Thunder and a Thunder 22. I really like the grip and feel of the Bersa Thunder, especially the Thunder Plus. It took about 400+ rounds to break in my Thunder Plus. When I first got it I was frustrated with it because it would have multiple FTF and FTE issues. The most common failure was a FTF on the last round in the magazine. Now after multiple teardowns, cleanings and trips to the range it has been running fine. Had it out this weekend and put over 100 rounds od Fiocchi FMJ through it with no failures. It still refuses to run Winchester white box with that slightly flattened nose, but shoots round nose FMJ just fine. I've run Fiocchi, Blazer, Geco and S&B and it all works fine. Now I need to try a few mags of JHP to see how that works. My Thunder 22 is still problematic but I think it needs more break in time. It runs CC Stinger and Armscor HV pretty well but it still has FTE issues. Doesn't work at all with the bulk Winchester or Federal.

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
Enjoy your shooting. Don't have 380 Plus, but am real fond of the two BT380s that I have. I could imagine the having 15 rounds on board would be nice.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I've never seen one myself, except pictures on the internet. I just did a search earlier this morning and could not fine one online dealer that hand one in stock, everyone is sold out.

Does this 'mystical unicorn' really even exist?

Wonder why there is so few in the pipeline? Someone, somewhere must definitely be buying them up.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I got one it
It shoots and shoots and shoots and shirts and shorts and shirts and shoes and shorts and shorts and shirts and shorts and shirts and shorts that's shoots and not shirts or shorts

·
Registered
Bersa Thunder Plus,
9 Posts
I bought one in mid November, I loved it for all of 30 rounds before the trigger and hammer disconnected and I had to send it for repair. I’m most likely going to sell it when it gets returned to me as I’ve lost confidence in it as a carry gun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts