Bersa Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Bersa Thunder 380
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! New to the forum, and happy to be a new Bersa owner.

I recently bought my girlfriend and myself a couple Bersas, and so far love them both. However, my Bersa is having an issue.

When I load a magazine in, rack it, then decock it, take the safety off and try to fire the first shot as double action, as I’m pulling back on the trigger, the hammer slips, and doesn’t go all the way back far enough to fire the first round.

I’m just wondering if anyone else has ever had this issue. Single action works fine, and sometimes double action works, but when it doesn’t, it’s always on the first shot after it’s been decocked.

Thanks in advance for any info!

- Tony

·
Registered
157 Posts
Sorry you are having issues. Seems like I remember something about this- but it was long enough ago that I forgot what the remedy was. It's not a common issue.
Don't give up- we have a couple guys on here who know quiet a bit and remember everything. Surly one of them will come along eventually who has the answer.

·
Registered
Bersa Thunder 380
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry you are having issues. Seems like I remember something about this- but it was long enough ago that I forgot what the remedy was. It's not a common issue.
Don't give up- we have a couple guys on here who know quiet a bit and remember everything. Surly one of them will come along eventually who has the answer.
Hey dude! Thank you, I appreciate it. It doesn’t happen often so it’s not a super big issue but just wondering if someone has a quick fix to it!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Just by chance- have you had the right side grip off? You might pull it off and look at the trigger transfer bar. It connects to the hammer under the top of that grip. It is held in place with a washer and a "c" clip. If that c clip comes off- then the transfer bar can slip off. Which will allow the hammer to slip.
In the pic is a BT380 CC.....the trigger system is similar on all of the Thunders. Anyway- look on the left side of the pic- down about half way-just forward of the hammer and you see a round washer with a c clip on top- holding the trigger transfer bar in place. If that c clip and washer are missing- then that will be the problem. If they are okay- then possible something on the front end of that transfer bar may be the issue (but i doubt that).
Good luck

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood

·
Registered
Bersa Thunder 380
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just by chance- have you had the right side grip off? You might pull it off and look at the trigger transfer bar. It connects to the hammer under the top of that grip. It is held in place with a washer and a "c" clip. If that c clip comes off- then the transfer bar can slip off. Which will allow the hammer to slip.
In the pic is a BT380 CC.....the trigger system is similar on all of the Thunders. Anyway- look on the left side of the pic- down about half way-just forward of the hammer and you see a round washer with a c clip on top- holding the trigger transfer bar in place. If that c clip and washer are missing- then that will be the problem. If they are okay- then possible something on the front end of that transfer bar may be the issue (but i doubt that).
Good luck

View attachment 4200
I appreciate the info! I was having this issue when it was essentially brand new when I got it, so I checked all of those connections and they all seemed fine. Just because I was bored yesterday/this morning, I decided to take the magazine safety bar and mechanism completely out of my Bersa, and went shooting. I have not had the DA slipping problem now so far, but who knows if it’s just random luck.

It’s ironic that removing something that comes standard from the factory would “fix” the issue, but I’m very use to Walthers, and none of those have the magazine safety, so I guess it was a lucky 2 for 1.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Okay- thats good news. I believe this may be the first issue I was referring to- it dealt with the mag safety and would show up if the slide was removed and the trigger pulled. The remedy i do not remember- but if removing the mag safety eliminates it- the "viola" -its done. I was never a fan of mag safeties- but never disconnected mine.
Now you can shoot 'em up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello i just started using my Bersa 380 a month ago and had the DA slip a few times. after placing some gun oil the problem was gone, so i thought. After putting in 60 rounds the trigger went limp, cannot cock the hammer. Now what, i thought. I have seen this on you tube somehow. I took the pistol right side grip off to see what was going on. The problem was presenting itself when i saw the disconnector spring out of the disconnector spring slot and stuck under the washer and C clip.Rendering the trigger mechanism stuck. I think this was already off when new, i moved the spring into its proper location and had no more issues. Has anyone experienced this as well?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good luck

View attachment 4200

·
Registered
Bersa Thunder 380
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have not had this issue with the spring coming off of the disconnector bar, but I’m glad that fixed it for you!

When I bought my 380, I knew the first thing I’d be doing is taking off the magazine safety; spring, bar and all. Ever since I’ve done that I haven’t had any issues with shooting DA, so who knows.

·
Registered
5 Posts
All good now no mag disconnect sprint and bar, shot 500 plus rounds flawlessly. The gun is pretty good and easy to handle. Soon expecting my TPR9 if available or the older Bersa Thunder 9Pro. Love the trigger reset from the display units. Compared it to the Spo1 CZ, Bersa trigger reset is just impressive.

·
Registered
Bersa Thunder 380
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All good now no mag disconnect sprint and bar, shot 500 plus rounds flawlessly. The gun is pretty good and easy to handle. Soon expecting my TPR9 if available or the older Bersa Thunder 9Pro. Love the trigger reset from the display units. Compared it to the Spo1 CZ, Bersa trigger reset is just impressive.
Yeah, it’s awesome how getting rid of the needless magazine safety makes the trigger and everything so much smoother!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello Fellow Bersa 380 owners, finally got over 500 rounds on my pistol. No malfunctions, an occasional primer filed but pulled the trigger a second time and it worked. All is good, love the look and feel. This year looking forward on the Thunder 9 pro or maybe the TPR9. Any thoughts on both, i know the TPR is a revised version.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hello Fellow Bersa 380 owners, finally got over 500 rounds on my pistol. No malfunctions, an occasional primer filed but pulled the trigger a second time and it worked. All is good, love the look and feel. This year looking forward on the Thunder 9 pro or maybe the TPR9. Any thoughts on both, i know the TPR is a revised version.
I have the thunder 9uc pro. Which is the predecessor of the TPR9c. My dad has the TPR9c. We both love ours. I have over 1000 rounds through mine with zero failures. I’m unsure about his since he loves 500+ miles away but he’s never said he had a problem of any kind. My only complaint is that it’s a little beefy in the grip. And my hands are on the smaller side of medium. So it gets a little uncomfortable to shoot after about 60-70 rounds at the range. But other than that I love it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts