Bersa Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I purchased both a Bersa Thunder 380 Plus and for range practice a Bersa Thunder 22. I carry the 380. I primarily practice with the 22. I like them both and have no complaints about the firearms. Unfortunately, both came with only one magazine. So now I'm searching high and low for a couple more magazines for each. I'm finding nothing. So short of maybe taking a trip to Argentenia or buying more Bersas just for the magazines I'm stuck. One Bersa shop told me that if I order them, I can expect to wait at least a year to get them. She said that magazines in general are slow to arrive and Bersa is one of the worst. So, now I'm considering replacing both weapons since if there is, for all practical purposes, no support and no infrastructure here in the US for Bersa it just isn't worth further considerations. I guess Bersa just isn't serious about the US market.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey, Arby! Welcome to the forum!

The challenge of getting BT380+ mags have been around for well over a year. I would LOVE a BT380+, but the first thing I checked was mag availability. In fact, were they available, I would buy them first, and then the pistol. Doesn't help you, though...

As for the BT22, mags show up from time to time - far less rare than the BT380+ mags. Just be patient and when you can, invest in them regardless of the price. Bersa mags aren't cheap.

As a personal rule, I want at least six spare mags for each semi-auto firearm, and I'm there except for a cheap .32ACP that I never shoot or carry. It is something I got for my wife when she was first divorced, for personal protection. It has four spare mags.

Natchez and Tombstone Tactical sometimes have the mags.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, Arby! Welcome to the forum!

The challenge of getting BT380+ mags have been around for well over a year. I would LOVE a BT380+, but the first thing I checked was mag availability. In fact, were they available, I would buy them first, and then the pistol. Doesn't help you, though...

As for the BT22, mags show up from time to time - far less rare than the BT380+ mags. Just be patient and when you can, invest in them regardless of the price. Bersa mags aren't cheap.

As a personal rule, I want at least six spare mags for each semi-auto firearm, and I'm there except for a cheap .32ACP that I never shoot or carry. It is something I got for my wife when she was first divorced, for personal protection. It has four spare mags.

Natchez and Tombstone Tactical sometimes have the mags.
Thanks for the tip. I'll keep an eye on these companies.

You know you and maybe others should send an email to bersa.com expressing the sentiment, "I would LOVE a BT380+, but the first thing I checked was mag availability". Making them aware that magazine availability is limiting firearm sales might motivate Bersa to put more focus on magazine production. That might be a good forum topic. Then we could just point Bersa to that fouum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,
I purchased both a Bersa Thunder 380 Plus and for range practice a Bersa Thunder 22. I carry the 380. I primarily practice with the 22. I like them both and have no complaints about the firearms. Unfortunately, both came with only one magazine. So now I'm searching high and low for a couple more magazines for each. I'm finding nothing. So short of maybe taking a trip to Argentenia or buying more Bersas just for the magazines I'm stuck. One Bersa shop told me that if I order them, I can expect to wait at least a year to get them. She said that magazines in general are slow to arrive and Bersa is one of the worst. So, now I'm considering replacing both weapons since if there is, for all practical purposes, no support and no infrastructure here in the US for Bersa it just isn't worth further considerations. I guess Bersa just isn't serious about the US market.
I just got Bersa Thunder Plus magazines 380 after 3 months search. I got them at American arsenal and armory.com. Expensive but Bersa product.
Problem is that Bersa changed US distributor. N

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just got Bersa Thunder Plus magazines 380 after 3 months search. I got them at American arsenal and armory.com. Expensive but Bersa product.
Problem is that Bersa changed US distributor. N
I too got three BTP 380 magazines and three BT 22 magazines from the same place a couple or three weeks ago.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just wondering, what are people willing to pay for these magazines? I may have a lead, but sounds like they'll be pricey (over $60 each, eek).

·
Registered
157 Posts
Think I read in this forum within the past week that Talon sent out magazines to retailers so- you should be seeing mags in stores.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hello,
Bud's guns have a bunch of Bersa mags. Both OEM and mec-gar. Both are reasonable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts