Bersa .380 magazine how many rounds?

Discussion in 'General Bersa Discussion' started by planoracer, Nov 27, 2012.

1. planoracer

planoracer Member

Tried to load my new BT380 and found the magazine spring very stiff.Couldn't get more than 3 in it.What's the problem?

2. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

It's new that's the problem. Just put as many as you can in the mag and let it site add rounds to it when you can. Over time the spring will loosen up.

3. planoracer

planoracer Member

Thanks,I was thinking of buying a new mag.

4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

No...springs are just new. Glock mags are the same way...I just load in as many as I can,

adding more when I can...then leave the mag loaded. BTW...I always buy more mags, having

four mags for every pistol I own...and I own twenty four last count !! One is not enough, especially

if you carry concealed. Just my 2 cents...

5. jc57

jc57 Active Member

I disagree with the other posters. Of the 4 Thunder 380 mags I have owned (three 7-round, one 9-round) I have had no problem loading them to full capacity with just my fingers, even when they were brand new.

I suggest disassembling the mag and making sure the spring is in the right direction, that there are no burrs or other obstructions inside the mag, and that the follower is also smooth and free of burrs.

It shouldn't be doing that.

6. planoracer

planoracer Member

Thank you,I will try the suggestions.

7. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

So was my XD. I could git them all in but it was hard.

8. Cutlass327

Cutlass327 Well-Known Member

I found that I sometimes have to reposition my thumb to push down in the right spot. I think I have a tendency to push down and lightly forward, causing the tip of the bullet to hit the mag body. Push straight down in the center.

9. rnickelson

rnickelson Junior Member

The first time I loaded the 15 round mag for my Thunder Plus it was hard to get the 15th round in, I had to set the base of the magazine on the table and push down hard.

10. Jeff82

Jeff82 Member

Does the Lula loader work for Bersa mags?

11. bersastud

bersastud Active Member

Ihave heard of people using them

12. 9UC

9UC Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Yes, I use them. Baby Lulu for the 380 , 7 and 9 rounds DLX and regular size Lulu for the 9UC and IIRC it also works on the 9HC & 40UC. Not sure on the 45UC. I think they are well worth the money.

13. zekest

zekest Active Member

Yes it does, and very well. :)

You do not need the Baby Mag Lula, I use the same full size Lula for my Springfield XD(M) 9mm (19 round mag), Kahr CW9, and Bersa Thunder 380.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  14. BT380

BT380 Well-Known Member

Best invention since sliced bread. :) I have the regular size one and use it for 380, 9mm, 40 & 45. It works great.

To the OP about the mags, always take down a new mag, check for burs inside it, that all parts are working smoothly and it's clean inside. Load it all the way up and let it sit a week, then it will be fine.

15. rnickelson

rnickelson Junior Member

Which one will work on the Thunder Plus 15 round mag?