Bersa Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Beretta 3032 Tomcat and a BT380. I carry the BT380 most of the time because I feel it has enough power to get the job done and has the size and weight to be sufficient for concealed carry. There are times when I feel the need for deep concealment and the Beretta fits the bill.

I know there are some 9mm out their slightly smaller and lighter, but the loss of power in those shots fired are similar in the 380 results from the BT380. The fit and reliability of the BT380 is far superior to any other pistol in is class.

The Beretta is similar to the BT380. The 32 ACP is a viable option in a true pocket pistol. The only thing better for a pocket pistol would be maybe a derringer. I carry FMJ on my 3032, but Beretta told me that the Buffalo Bore "+P" are safe in the 3032 as well.

My question is, if you can't carry your BT380, what do you carry?

·
NRA Life Member
431 Posts
I also have the Tomcat also and I’m surprised that Beretta would tell you +P ammunition is OK without knowing the age of the gun. This gun had a history of the frame cracking under the barrel and they redesigned it. Also, I don’t think that SAMMI recognizes, and has a standard for +P in the 32 ACP. Without a standard you have no way of knowing what pressure the cartridge develops. IMHO I would not run +P in the Tomcat. European ammo is a little hotter tan US ammo and that’s just fine with me. Remember, the 32 was very common with police and military in Europe for many, many years. I feel it’s adequate for self defense with good shot placement.

Re your original question, I carry a Glock 42 with mags that have a 7 round capacity (MagGuts) or a smiith & Wesson 431PD, Airweight, 32 H&R Magnum, 6 round revolver. This gun was only manufactured for a few years around the turn of the 21st century (circa 2004).

Revolver Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory

Reactions: WarEagleEd

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have carried a BT 380 (Plus, DLX, & CC) for several years. Couple years ago bought the Sig 365 and carried it a while, then just this year i got the Ruger LCP Max- which I carry most of the time now- in pocket or on the side. Still carry the Bersa T380 cc quiet a bit on the side. Lot of words there - I ramble.... my point was that the LCP Max is a good pocket carry. It only weighs 10.5 oz and comes with a 10 round mag, and a 12 is available. My point here is that the Max weighs 4 oz less than the Beretta 3032 and carries 3-5 more rounds of 380. It's worth thinking about.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts