Bersa Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to a couple of gunshows for the last 2 weekends. Gunshow in San Antonio, Tex. was pretty active on the first weekend of the month. Only walked it for a few hours. Couln't score a [email protected] thing everyone in the aisles wanted more than the dealers. Guess they didn't like what they overpaid for last year during the buying frenzy and wanted all their money back.

Corpus Christi show was really pretty slow. It was also tax free weekend, so that did not help. Alot of people were probably buying school clothes. Saw alot of High dollar guns for sale in the aisles. I was working a trade table at that show. There were alot of Glocks, Springers, Kimpers, Sigs, and high dollar hunting rifles for sale at unreal prices. Even the dealers were better than the ones the walk ins were dragging around.

I was checking the usual backpacks and bags for less expensive trade guns and ammo.It just wasn't happening. Didn't see much "Wally World" stuff either. Just expensive shotguns and rifles.

Finally one guy and his wife came by with a rifle case full of "stuff." He had Conteender barrels for 60 bucks, assorted cals. Don't have a Contender anymore, so I did not get any. He did have a palm sized H&R .22 cal. Nickle plated, top breack revolver and an Armscor M-1600 .22 cal rifle. It is made in the Phillipines. Looked like an older, pre-AWB one with the original three prog, AR flash hider and 15 round mag. He wanted 2 for the H&R and 50 bucks for the Armscor. I told him to get real on the H&R and offered a bill cause it looke like new. Told him, I assumed the Armscor didn't work at the pice he wanted. He said he fired it once years ago and it locked up. It looked like new. He had it in a loset for @ 20 years. I offered 25 bucks for it, worth the risk at htat price. He could live with a bil on the little revolver, but had to have 50 more on the rifle. Told him to throw something else in. He said to pic from the barrels or a few AR parts he had. So I grabbed the upper receiver that was in the box. Receiver, rifle, and revolver for 150. Sold

Anyway, here is the locked up rifle. Looks like the trigger assembly is gung up. The bolt and upper stuff works smoothly enough. Will be getting into it later. Had a couple of thiese guns back in the 90s and they worked great. Hope I can fix this one. No pics of the revolver. It went for 2 bills on Sunday.

And the AR-10 Upper rerceiver. I ain't much of an AR builder or assembler as I call them. I just buy the whole gun most of the time. However, I am into this part for less than nothing now. So, I might sell it. Or maybe I can become an AR "Builder."

Guy said the receiver was a DPMS. It was verified by one of hte parts dealers at thow. Most likely an A2 pattern.

And I scored some ammo off a guy with a bag full of .22s. He was having trouble selling it for 60 bucks a brick cause the dealers had it at that price. He had lowered it to 50 a brick, but still no sales. I offered him 30 a brick. He said he woudl do that if I bought 2 or more. Sold, 2 brcks for 60 bucks.

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Finally got around to putting a low lollar scope on the Armscor .22. I had to strip the bolt out cause it would nt return to battery. Some kinda problem witht he trigger/sear not releasing when the bolt was put back in the gun. Apparently the guy that had ittook the bolt out and could not get it in right. I had to remove the trigger stop/overtravel pin to allow the bolt to fully go in. After that, the triger worked with the stop pin back in. The original problem was actually the magazine. The mag feed lips needed to be tweaked a bit to get the feed angel right. It has fed reliably with Fed bulk pack stuff since then. I just had to remove the carry handle from the little gun to get the scope on it Might have to get a better one later cause this one has a fine reticle that is hard for me tot see.

A pic of it on the bottom, along with the more moden, but "fake-o" Mossy 715T in .22 caliber.

A quick half azz zero on a standar Pancho Villa, 18" pizz box targer @ 20 yds. It was hot as hell that day, like 104. So I got it down to "MOJ" or Minute of Javelina. It will work if the pesky critters come bother the dogs in the yard. Fine tune it later when it cools off or I get a better scope.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts