Bersa Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any word on when this current ammo shortage will end ? I haven't been to the range in a long long time cuz I'm down to only full loaded mags for each of my 2 Bersas and 1 Beretta, all in .380.

A few months back there was .380 available but only at exorbitant prices (well exorbitant for me).

·
Registered
64 Posts
I heard the CEO of American Outdoor Brands state they have a backlog of one billion dollars in ammo orders. He expects things to normalize in the third quarter of 2021. Of course all bets could be off if gun control rears its ugly head.

·
Registered
856 Posts
We are friends with the owners of a small local gun shop here. He thinks it is still a year away before the ammo situation comes back to normal. He is still selling guns even though he has little to no ammo available to sell with them. We will be over there soon and so we will ask them if they are getting any ammo at all. Even reloading supplies are missing from shelves now. Until all comes back to normal, hold on to some of what you have so you are not completely without.

God bless!!

Michael and Karen

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Coincidentally, the latest edition of American Rifleman arrived this am. They have a feature article on the ammo shortage. Long story short - nobody knows. A lot depends on Congress, etc, etc .:confused:

·
Registered
64 Posts
I was reading today that Congress is considering limiting the amount of ammunition a person can purchase at one time. Also, they are talking about raising taxes on ammunition and requiring a back ground check on all ammunition purchases. Certainly this will not help the current ammo shortage; will only encourage people to buy all they can before the legislation moves through Congress.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I haven't seen any credible source of info on Congress taxing/limiting ammo. Everything I've seen is purely speculation. That doesn't mean I've seen it all though.

Ammo is starting to come back, I think. I've been following ammo seek for the last year and watching availability and pricing on some major calibers. 223 is starting to be available for less than $0.60/rd again, and 9mm is starting to come down from $30/50rds. I'm also seeing more in stock online (definitely not in person). Underwood Ammo has a lot of 9mm available at their regular prices, for instance.

I think it's peaked. There are a lot of stores hanging on to thousand round cases that aren't selling because they've priced them outside the realm of practicality or desperation. As those sit and more reasonably priced offerings start coming from the competition, those thousand round cases will start to fall in price and we'll start to see things normalize as stock builds back up. It's happening I believe, but it's still months away from being over.

·
Registered
64 Posts
H. R. 127

To provide for the licensing of firearm and ammunition possession and the registration of firearms, and to prohibit the possession of certain ammunition.
ACCESS.—The Attorney General shall make the contents of the database accessible to all members of the public, all Federal, State, and local law enforcement authorities, all branches of the United States Armed Forces, and all State and local governments, as defined by the Bureau

“(A) GENERAL LICENSE.—Except as otherwise provided in this subsection, the Attorney General shall issue to an individual a license to possess a firearm and ammunition if the individual—
“(i) has attained 21 years of age;
“(ii) after applying for the license—
“(I) undergoes a criminal background check conducted by the national instant criminal background check system established under section 103 of the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act, and the check does not indicate that possession of a firearm by the individual would violate subsection (g) or (n) of section 922 or State law;
“(II) undergoes a psychological evaluation conducted in accordance with paragraph (2), and the evaluation does not indicate that the individual is psychologically unsuited to possess a firearm; and
“(III) successfully completes a training course, certified by the Attorney General, in the use, safety, and storage of firearms, that includes at least 24 hours of training; and
“(iii) demonstrates that, on issuance of the license, the individual will have in effect an insurance policy issued under subsection (d).
03/01/2021Referred to the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security.
Action By: Committee on the Judiciary

·
Registered
21 Posts
H. R. 127

To provide for the licensing of firearm and ammunition possession and the registration of firearms, and to prohibit the possession of certain ammunition.
ACCESS.—The Attorney General shall make the contents of the database accessible to all members of the public, all Federal, State, and local law enforcement authorities, all branches of the United States Armed Forces, and all State and local governments, as defined by the Bureau

“(A) GENERAL LICENSE.—Except as otherwise provided in this subsection, the Attorney General shall issue to an individual a license to possess a firearm and ammunition if the individual—
“(i) has attained 21 years of age;
“(ii) after applying for the license—
“(I) undergoes a criminal background check conducted by the national instant criminal background check system established under section 103 of the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act, and the check does not indicate that possession of a firearm by the individual would violate subsection (g) or (n) of section 922 or State law;
“(II) undergoes a psychological evaluation conducted in accordance with paragraph (2), and the evaluation does not indicate that the individual is psychologically unsuited to possess a firearm; and
“(III) successfully completes a training course, certified by the Attorney General, in the use, safety, and storage of firearms, that includes at least 24 hours of training; and
“(iii) demonstrates that, on issuance of the license, the individual will have in effect an insurance policy issued under subsection (d).
03/01/2021Referred to the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security.
Action By: Committee on the Judiciary
Hopefully the Republicans in the Senate can block this thru fillibuster. Also there are several Democratic senators that are up for reelection and represent pro gun states. They have to protect theirselves from losing reelection.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Anybody having any luck on ammo purchases? I am starting to see 9mm and 380 self defense ammo available at a price of close to $30 for 20 rounds. Post what outlets you are finding ammo. I saw the 9mm and 380 at a Sportsman's Warehouse.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Anybody having any luck on ammo purchases? I am starting to see 9mm and 380 self defense ammo available at a price of close to $30 for 20 rounds. Post what outlets you are finding ammo. I saw the 9mm and 380 at a Sportsman's Warehouse.
I haven't been looking as I refuse to pay that kind of money for ammo. I am still using up stuff that I paid $10 a box of 50 for practice and handloads for self-defense. My jhp in 380 cost me $12 for 50 and in 9mm $14 for 50. I can't even buy primers for that kind of money now. I have enough to last me a couple years.

·
NRA Life Member
379 Posts
2 LGSs have skids of 9mm for $35 and $39 a box. A slight break on 1000 round case. At least I'm seeing some on the shelf now. Next step after supply increases is that price will go down. :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Anybody seeing any Remington ammo out there? Remington said they have geared up to produce ammo 24/7.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Anybody seeing any Remington ammo out there? Remington said they have geared up to produce ammo 24/7.
Seeing tons of it on GunBroker. At high prices, still. The wholesale people are the problem. They are asking an arm and a leg for anything gun related. Still not the time to buy yet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts