Bersa Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three old guns I got from an old local collector that was thinning his flock last week. He decided to sell them or for me to sell tham at a gunshow. Decided to just buy them all. He wanted 150 each and got the bunch for a bill each.

First is a S&W Military and Poice in .38 S&W short. It was made @ the start of wWII by the serial number. Thoght it might be a Wartime "Victory" model, but it lacks the "V" prefix in the serial number. It should be a .38 special, but is only a .38 S&W. Maybe a special order or government order for civil defense or something? Anyway, 5" barrel, blue, all matching except grips cause I gave the old guy those last year to replace some fugly "Motha' O' Pimp" pearl grips that it had. Shoots great and in good mechanical shape.

Next is a late war, Japanese Arisaka, 7.7mm, Type 99 rifle. Late wartime "last ditch" model which lacks the better finish, extra fancy stuff, but works fine. Finish is @ 50% on it. Barrel and action are great. Got a box of ammo. Old guy said he had hunted with it years ago. Still works.

And if it looks familiar, it is. I had it before. It is a Russian M44 Mosin Nagant Carbine that I trade the old guy a year ago. He and his buddies could not tame the recoil, so no one wanted to use it as a hunting camp spare gun.

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
Flood of memories hit me on that S&W.38. I carried one of those during my Air Force Security Police days. Carried it during two stateside tours and one tour of duty in Vietnam. IIRC, ours were pre WWII and the USAF referred to them as the "Combat Masterpiece". We referred to them as worn out junk. They were so worn that if you shook the gun real hard you could hear the cylinder rattle against the frame. While in Nam, it and my original version, non-bolt assist version, M-16 were were serviced and cleaned at least 3 times per week.

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good story 9UC. Combat Masterpiece was a Model 15 with adjustable sights. Pretty much the same except the sights. Guess you carried that old revo for a good while?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts