Bersa Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few guns I picke up from people selling at gunshows last weekend. IT was a fair show with enough people to keep from being bored. Better than last time. Kept going through bags and backpacks till some well priced stuff turned up.

First is a Taurus Ultra Lite Mod 85 in .38 spl. Bue, 2" barrel, alloy frame, 5 shot, fixed sights. Guy selling it had a Ruger MK II that was LNIB, but priced like a new one. Passed it but the little Taurus was only 250. Talked him out of it for 2 bills and got a couple of speed loaders with it.

Next one is a Taurus PT-732 in .32 acp. It appears much the same as a KelTec P32 or P3AT. Small, poly frame, stainless slide, DA only gun with 2 mags. Found it with a HiPoint .380 in a guy's backpack. He wanted 150 fo each. Go the pair for 190. A bit more than I wante to give for both. But dumpped the HiPoint for 2 bills and kept the Taurus for me at less than nothring. Have to give it a try for a while as a carry gun. It worked just fine.

Last was a HiPoint Carbine, the newer 995TS in 9mm. It was like new and had a vertical forend, laser/light combo mounted on it. Guy and his wife had been trying to sell it for a good while at the show. They had sold all the ammo at the door, but no one wanted the carbine. wife had come by my table to buy some of my rubber band guns for her kids and nephews. Asked about the carbine and the guy was upset cause no one wanted it. Said he had near 4 bills init and 150 more in the grip/laser/light combo. I offered him 2 bills or 160 and 4 of the rubber band guns which I sold for 10 bucks each. Wife told the hubby to get the rubber guns and the $ cause they had already sold the ammo and didn't want to take the gun home.Worked for me!!!

Decided to take the laser/light combo off the HiPoint for my DPMS AR-15. So before I left the show I got this quad-rail to mount it on the AR. Gonna get another more Cheapo laser at Wally World for the HiPoint and let my kids use it I have had several of the older ones with the fugly stocks and they always worked. But, no one liked the way they looked. This one is more Tacticool.;)

A pic of my new Quad rail serup for the AR.

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
Nice buys. Like the looks of the revolver, but would prefer a longer barrel. I had an older model S&W Chief's Special, but it was prone to eat the web on the right hand. I gave it to my brother on the condition that if he ever chose to get rid of it, I get it back.

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice buys. Like the looks of the revolver, but would prefer a longer barrel. I had an older model S&W Chief's Special, but it was prone to eat the web on the right hand. I gave it to my brother on the condition that if he ever chose to get rid of it, I get it back.
The Taurus 85 in all steel is pretty much the same as the S&W Mod 36, Chief's Special. This Ultra lite could be considered the Airweight version of the Cief's Special, which is the Model 37. The 2 guys at the table next to me took in 2 Cheifs Specials in a swap for an old, but nice Winchester Model 21 double barrel shotgun. They said they were going to get rubber grisps for the little revosd and carry them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts