Bersa Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rather than be too long winded and post on each gun here. I will just do a group thng. Gunshow last weekend was kinda slow, but got some good buys and swaps. Worked for me. anyway.

First 3 gun buy was a Cobra Derringer in .22 mag. A Marlin Mod 60 .22 rifle and a High Standard .22 rifle. Guy I swap alot with brought these to the show to sell them for a bill each. he had not had much luck. So he came to me. I offered 50 for each one and that included the High Standard which he had in his truck and did not want to bring into the show. After a good bit of haggling, we settled for 60 for each gun.

The Marlin was marked Wester Field which means it was sold by Western Auto. It was in good shape. Nice blue and average wood. Receiver was worn on high spots and the tigger guard had apparently been stipped with some knda stripper. Gun worked great. So a little semi-flat black spray paint made it look almost new.

Found out why he didn't want to bring the High Standard rifle in the show when I got it home. It would not lift a round up. A quick stip showed it had a .22 magnum stuck in the action. With the round removed the gun worked great and the tiny scope it had on it was even sighted in.

And # 3 was a Cobra .22 magnum derringer. It was like new. Worked looks like the old Remingtion over/under .41 rimfire derringers. It worked fine, but it was hard to hit anying with it unless you held it with both hands and were just 10 feet away. Works if ya ain't got nothnig else I gues

Next 3 gun buy was better. Guy came up with these 3. He had been trying to swap them for a .40 cal. Glock or sell for enough to buy one. He wanted 3 bills for the 2 big guns and a bill for the .22.

First one is what I call a Ballerina Molester .45. Acutally an Argentine Ballerster Molina .45 These were made duing WWII for the Argetine military at an automobile factory and are so marked on the left of the side. Slide is a close copy of a "Systema Colt 1911" which was also made in there. However the lower is is simplified witout the double bar trigger of the Colt and no grip safety. Controls are the same and it even takes G.I. mags. Sights are fixed G.I. from like WWI. Scuttle butt on these was they were made from the boiler plates and metal from the pocket battleship "Graf Spee" which had been sunk in an Argentine harbor. However, the steel is actually U.S. steel sent Britain for the war effort. Britain then contracted with Argentina to use the steel to make weapons for the war effort. Makes a good story, but the shop was not cut up till the end of the war.

Gun # 2 is a STAR BM in 9 mm. It is like new. These were mostly police guns imported by Interarms for retail sales. Had a couple of these and one Ballerina Molester befoer. They were deadly accurate and I wished I had never sold them.The STAR works much like the Colt 1911, but is more compact and thinner. An old school carry gun of the 70s and 80s. I had 2 of the BM and carried them often. This one proved to be accurate and reliable like the other 2 Ihad before.

Well, I talked the guy down to 2 bills on each on each of the bigger guns. He also had this old EXCAM, Florida import of 80s or so vintage. These were made by Tanfoglio of Italy, a loose copy of the 1934-35 Beretta Single stacks in .32 and .380. Had all three calivers before. The .32 and .380s worked great, but the .22s were hit and miss.. they are now imported by European American Arms (EAA) Unsure if they have the .22s, but they do have the other 2 calibers available. This gun is chromed and has plastic grips. All steel, 10 round mag. Fed the Federal bulk pack stuff like it was made for it. Wouldn't feed CCI Mini mags at all. Anyway, I had to give a bill for it to get the other 2 guns for 2 hundred each or 5 for all three. This one will probably get traded. The other 2 are keepers.

Last 2 guns were long guns. Guy wanted to swap thim in on a plastic and black .30-06 rifle I had, Mossy ATR. Plenty of those around and cheap. So I swapped him and got a hundred boot.

First one is another .30-06. Nice, but not real fancy Swedish Mauser Sporter. It was apparently imported by High Stanard in the mid 60s for a few years only in .270 and 30-06. The plainer of 2 models an H-100. Straight grain, oil finished walnut, nice blue, a light profile barrel and slim receiver that was marked "Made in Sweden" on the left side. Real strong 2 lug Mauser type bolt in a slim action too. Had a crest on top that I could not see well. It was drilled and tapped, but unsure if that was factory of later. Owner said he had taken the bases off to put on another gun. So the irons sights were what I would have to shoot with. Bore was perfect and gun had little wear. A 4 round fixed box mag with swinging floor plate Fired it 3 times at a pie plate at 50 yds and it it. Couldn't do real well in the drizzle and dim light that day. I can't see well either, but I hit it. Maybe a bettrer day with more light.

Other gun is a Mossy mod 183 bolt action .410. It was really nice. Oil finished, nice walnut, 2 round fixed box mag, bead sidht, nice blue too. It went bang o.k. Has a funky poly chokish adjustable choke on it.

Wasn't going to post them. However, this is a gun board and I get tired of just playing games all the time.

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
I gotta tell ya Pancho,

You make me jealous... not as much of them guns.. but jealous of your gettin them.
I would love to be out there swapping, buying, selling GUNS, as often and as many as you do. To me that would be so interesting and lots of fun. Keep ones you really like , and pass others along to someone else.

Good for you Pancho.

Jealous Jim

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I gotta tell ya Pancho,

You make me jealous... not as much of them guns.. but jealous of your gettin them.
I would love to be out there swapping, buying, selling GUNS, as often and as many as you do. To me that would be so interesting and lots of fun. Keep ones you really like , and pass others along to someone else.

Good for you Pancho.

Jealous Jim
Been doing it for @ 35 years. Mostly just to keep up my collection of good stuff. I like the older blue and wood, nice stainless, etc. The newer plastic guns don't seem to wear or break like the old ones. Ain't no fun. I like to tinker with the old ones and make them good again. It's even better when I get old ones that are still like new or stuff I really want. Of course ya gotta take the chance that ya will get a few lemons. Ya just have to fix'em or make lemonaide with them.

The 2 old guys next to me were really doing better on the buy side cause they had alot of $. On of them collets the old .22s. he must have bought at least 4 of them over the weekend. Like 2 Winch. and 2 Remmys. Nice condition too for @ a bill each. Other guy was buying Ruger Single actions for himself. He got a like new Super Bk. and a Bisley .44 mag. for @ 4 each. They also bought the usual Taurus & S&W autos and assorted .22 pistols to swap off cause there are alot of them floating around. Of course, one is divorced and the other widowed. So they can spend their $ without their wives beeeetching. Pretty sure they spent between 2-3 grand over the weekend. They did not sell much. It was slow. Doesn't matter much to them. They are out there doing it every weekend.

I'm really limited now cause I can't see well enough to drive now and make all the shows in bigger cities like I use to. Wife or son has to take me. Really cramps my activity now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts