.380 Thunder vs .380 Firestorm

Discussion in 'What Bersa Should I Get' started by TyFerris, Jan 26, 2013.

1. TyFerris

TyFerris New Member

was looking at getting a bersa thunder and then stumbled upon the firestorm and would like to know the differences between them. i personally like the look of the firestorm over the thunder but want that reliability and accuracy and price of the thunder will i get that in the firestorm...

2. 9UC

9UC Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

IIRC, the shape of the trigger guard is the primary difference. I've been told, correctly I hope, that most of the parts are interchangeable.

3. David

David Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

This is correct. The trigger guard on a FireStorm is rounded, and the Bersa is "combat-style". Both brands are the same gun, made in the same plant, with the same parts.

4. TyFerris

TyFerris New Member

so is the firestorm not a bersa? do they still make new firestorms

5. David

FireStorm and Bersa are the same thing. No, they stopped making FireStorm.

6. bersastud

bersastud Active Member

The trigger guard and the rear sight was a fixed not like the loose a screw Bersa . Firestorm was just a name Company contracted with Bersa to make their pistols

7. kdf

kdf Member

Go for the proven: 380 Thunder. <><

8. BullCannon

BullCannon New Member

They're the same gun basically firestorms have fixed rear sights, similar to the bersa thunder 380 combat. The parts do interchange, the bersa line is found more common around here.

9. spyder

spyder Active Member

i believe the grips are different to or use to be. firestorm with wrap around with finger grooves. among the differences mentioned above. Ill take Thunder over Firestorm because i want the gun they make, not the one they make for another company. Not proven but in my on head i could see them using the parts rejected for the Thunder and using on the Firestorm. I also like the combat trigger better. BRING ON THE THUNDER sounds better than bring on the firestorm...lol

10. BARRY

BARRY BARRY

If you'r going to carry LOOK AT THE MODEL CC. Slick as a whistle with VERY FEW POINTS TO CATCH ON. Also check out Sneaky Pete CC holsters.
    LOVE MINE.

11. CPSinWC

CPSinWC Active Member

How do they do in pocket holsters? Considering a CC as my thunder is harder to conceal under summer clothes. Personally like pocket holsters for what I wear. Can easily stash my old Charter .38, but am afraid the thunder is just too big.

12. David

In my opinion, the regular BT or similar versions is too big. However, I used to carry, and will carry, a BT CC in a pocket holster. Never had a problem with it. Had to practice my draw a lot, though. In the beginning, I had problems with the hammer or end of slide getting snagged on the edge of my pocket.

13. CPSinWC

CPSinWC Active Member

That's what I was wondering. I prefer something on my belt, but my summer attire means that sometimes that's not possible. Pocket holsters for my .38 and the wife's LCP are really easy to slip in most pockets for a trip to the store etc. I just wondered if the CC model would work as well.

14. jpshaw

jpshaw Well-Known Member

As stated the regular BT would be too big for pocket carry for most. I'm basing this on my Kahr P9 being roughly the same dimensions and it is belt carry only. However, on those times you will carry on your belt and not your pocket the Bersa BT .380 (based on my kahr P9) is as small as you need. Pocket carry for me is a Keltec.

15. onebilly43

onebilly43 Member

I have the Bersa Thunder 380 ,Bersa 380 cc and the Firestorm 380 and they are all fine firearms
    you cant go wrong with the Bersa Thunder or the Firestorm

16. dean

dean Active Member

My .380 says "FireStorm Made in Argentina" on one side of the frame, and "BERSA S.A. Ramos Mejia Argentina" on the other side.

17. JackStraw

JackStraw Well-Known Member

At my local Academy, they have the Thunder regular 380 in Black with wrap around grips like the Combat but its not a combat. I called Bersa and they said it was an Academy exclusive. I don't know if its any benefit to have those rubber wraparounds. I held the gun but it wasn't convincing compared to the regular 380.

18. exdetsgt

exdetsgt Active Member

I don't have any trouble concealing in summer carrying OWB as long as I wear an untucked Hawaiian or guayavera shirt.