Bersa Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Knowing that you can shoot 22 short in any 22 LR revolver, I was hoping that I could run some through a Bersa Thunder 22. I'm pretty sure that it will probably not cycle, let alone eject the spent shell. It seems to me that it will be safe.. but that's why I'm here asking first. Even if it's a manual cycle between each shot, I'd still like to give it a go. Thoughts?

·
NRA Life Member
379 Posts
I agree. I think it would be safe but I don’t think the gun will cycle. Be aware of any squib rounds.

I haven’t seen any shorts in a long, long time. I did however recently purchase some CCI “Quiet” rounds with a velocity of 720 fps (From a rifle?). I didn’t even bother trying them in any of my semis. I just using them up in revolvers.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I don't think it will be safe. Not due to pressures, but lack of it. I think you're going to get squibs quite a bit. There's a lot of power loss between 22lr and 22 short.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I agree with all, but I did shoot them in my Ruger MKII. They could not cycle and if they did, they would not feed from the magazine. I used them as a single shot for small game, squirrels mostly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts