1st handgun Thunder .380

Discussion in 'General Bersa Discussion' started by sweat1972, Apr 28, 2013.

1. sweat1972

sweat1972 Member

After alot of research, I finally decided on the Thunder .380. I took a ccw class with some co-workers. All of whom were former military guys with much more experience than me. They also spent alot more money on their guns than me. We compared targets after the class was over. Their guns may have looked fancier than mine, but I had the tightest groupings of all of us. Needless to say, I was proud of my Bersa. The only complaint I have is that there doesn't seem to be as many accessory options for this gun. That's a very minor issue though. I bought the gun for personal and home protection; not to make a fashion statement.:)

2. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the new gun. I have had several and they were all perfectly reliable and accurate.

3. jpshaw

jpshaw Well-Known Member

Welcome to this forum. I'm as new as you. Accessories are usually not necessary for a gun with the exception of aftermarket sights. However, the Bersa sights seem perfectly fine to me and from the group you mentioned they must be good for you too.

4. David

David Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I really like this statement. I quoted it on FB (I would have asked your permission if I knew your name, but at least I quoted it). It really is true... its not the prettiest or fanciest gun out there... but it does the job VERY well.

5. sweat1972

sweat1972 Member

We really didn't use sights much anyway. Mostly draw and fire from around 7 yds.

6. Ekul1634

Ekul1634 Member

My improvment to my Bersa was rubber grips. a much better feel than the plastic ones that came on it.

7. spyder

spyder Active Member

Thunder 380 needs no accessories and i love the looks of the gun. But ive always had a thing for James Bond Walther PPK look.

8. David

David Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

This is actually how my obsession with Bersa started. When I had to sell my Walther PPK, I was pleased to find that there is a .380 that had a similar look. I bought it, tried it, shot it, carried it, etc. I loved it! From then on... I tried to research anything and everything I could about Bersa. Yeah, its an obsession!!! Or so, my wife tells me.

9. sweat1972

sweat1972 Member

I like the feel of the plastic grips just fine. And the gun fits my hand perfectly. I have thought about laser grips, but I'm not too fond of the price. If you don't mind my asking, where did you get the rubber grips?

10. attyaba

attyaba greatbuddy

a very comfortable, easy to carry hand gun i ever had.. for home & personal protection; great target shooting pistol..

11. BullCannon

BullCannon New Member

Bersa sells the rubber grips through they're website, I have the od green ones on my bt380 two tone.

12. jpshaw

jpshaw Well-Known Member

Had the PPK a long time ago. It had a tendency to draw blood. Mine. The long tang of the Bersa should end that hammer bite. Plus the 3.5" barrel of the Bersa should have a little more velocity then the 3.2" PPK.