Want a laser for your Bersa? In the past, Bersa owners only had an option to either use a "cheap-o" aftermarket device with a cord, or plunk down $200+ on a Crimson Trace grip laser. Well times change and there is now an innovative active laser that gives great performance for less than half the cost of a comparable system -- the LaserLyte CK-MS.
What the CK-MS brings to the table
The LaserLyte Company of Cottonwood, Arizona has been in the laser business for years. They trace their lineage back to 1987 with Tac Star Industries and it is their mission to heighten the experience of shooting. They produce a well-received and impressively reviewed series of custom made under barrel lasers for such firearms as the Ruger LCP, Kel-Tec .380, S&W Shield and others. Unlike grip-mounted lasers that require changing out the entire grip system, and most under barrel lasers that require a dedicated rail, the CK-MS will fit the standard Bersa Thunder in .380, .22, or .32.
LaserLyte CK-MS Specifications:
- -Compatible Firearms: Bersa Thunder .380, .380 Plus, 22 or 32
- (*Does not fit the Bersa Thunder .380 Concealed Carry or any other model not listed above)
- -Compatible Holsters: Blackhawk Size 7 & Uncle Mike's Size 15
- -Power Output: Class IIIA, 5mw
- -Laser module: 650nm
- -Batteries: two A76 batteries (A 12-pack costs about $14)
- -Battery Life: 5 hrs. constant on, 10 hrs. pulse mode (normal usage*)
- -Weight 0.77 ounces/24.00 grams
- -Length: 2.25 inches/57.24 mm, fits flush with the muzzle
- -Width: .69 inches/17.64mm
- -Height: 1.54 inches/39.22mm
- -Range at Night: 500 yd., 457.2 m
The LaserLyte installs in about five minutes on your compatible Bersa pocket-gun with a group of four small setscrews and doesn't mar the firearm. The two button type batteries are easily changeable and the laser is fully adjustable for windage and elevation. It works in either a 'constant-on' or a pulse mode. The pistol will disassemble normally for cleaning and maintenance with the laser attached. See the installation video below:
For $100, it's hard to beat.