You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of BersaForum.com    

Bersa Firearms Forum > Bersa Forums > General Bersa Discussion >

Safety is breaking the bones in my fingers on my new 380 Plus

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2017, 11:13 PM   #1
rvenneman

Liked 26 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default Safety is breaking the bones in my fingers on my new 380 Plus

It is almost impossible to take the safety off on my new Thunder 380 Plus. Has anyone else had this issue? Ouch!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2017, 12:38 AM   #2
vince

Liked 89 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvenneman View Post
It is almost impossible to take the safety off on my new Thunder 380 Plus. Has anyone else had this issue? Ouch!!
What I can tell you from my personal experience is that the decocker (safety) can be very stiff, but loosens with use. Recent events have shown me this is a issue that can be fixed. My decocker lever snapped off and my Bersa Thunder was sent in for repair. When it returned the decocker was as smooth as butter. Contact your local Bersa warranty gunsmith.

Last edited by vince; 10-11-2017 at 01:55 AM.

Old 10-11-2017, 05:24 AM   #3
Renaldo

Liked 64 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 99

I've had that problem with other pistols. I've found that any stiff controls usually work themselves out after a couple of hundred rounds, a couple of cleanings, and just general use.

If you've already been through all that, may want to have it looked at.
People Like This 
Old 10-12-2017, 01:03 AM   #4
dutchboy
BERSA_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2168 Times on 1587 Posts
Likes Given: 3579

Rv, when I first acquired my BT 380 & 22, the safeties on both pistols were very stiff as well. This I have found is common with many new pistols. Basically I just worked the safeties back & forth about a million times. I know that may be a pain, but it does work as my safeties are very smooth & easy to operate now. Like the others have said, it will loosen up with use over time also.

"The fool has too much pride to ask questions, however I say to you that it is better to ask 10 times, than go astray once".--- MLK, Jr.
People Like This 

Quick Reply