You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of BersaForum.com    

Bersa Firearms Forum > Bersa Forums > General Bersa Discussion >

Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2017, 12:21 PM   #1
thebassangler56

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default Insurance

USCCA Self-Defense Insurance, has anyone joined this organization?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2017, 04:05 AM   #2
Ralph_III

Liked 11 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebassangler56 View Post
USCCA Self-Defense Insurance, has anyone joined this organization?
I can't answer your specific inquiry but I am interested in the thread having researched USCCA and others recently. Anyhow, have you considered "Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network"? They seemed best from my initial research and responded quickly to every question posed to them.

God Bless,
Ralph

Last edited by Ralph_III; 09-14-2017 at 04:08 AM.
Pistol_Packin_Preacher Likes This 
Old 09-14-2017, 03:50 PM   #3
dutchboy
BERSA_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2086 Times on 1549 Posts
Likes Given: 3487

Some other thoughts on USCCA!

http://www.bersaforum.com/forum/f20/uscca-2777/

"The fool has too much pride to ask questions, however I say to you that it is better to ask 10 times, than go astray once".--- MLK, Jr.
Retired1 Likes This 
Old 09-16-2017, 02:01 PM   #4
Ralph_III

Liked 11 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Well I wouldn't want to disparage the USCCA but I do get a lot of solicitations from them. That does cause me to pause as to their main concern, whether for individuals or money? I'm sure they offer some excellent services but man the solicitations.....

Anyhow, everyone should check out what works best for you! I will post an email that I received from "Armed Citizens Network...". Again, they seem highly legit/professional and I've received no unwanted solicitations. I would have more questions though prior to deciding on an organization.

Quote:
"....Thank you for your interest in Network membership benefits!
As discussed at https://armedcitizensnetwork.org/learn/membership-benefits, Network membership benefits include payment of attorney fees after self defense, and that financial assistance is extended for criminal defense, defending against a civil law suit, assistance with bail, and can also be extended to assist the member if a retrial is needed or appeals. Membership benefits are also extended to assist the member after self defense using any legal method. For example, we are funding an attorney and trial team (investigators, experts, etc.) to defend a member against assault charges in Massassachussets after he had to use pepper spray to stop an assailant who was choking him. Defense attorney retainer — an initial deposit against attorney fees paid to the attorney the member designates — is provided as soon as the member reports the incident to the Network.]Network membership benefits focus on the big-dollar issues associated with fighting off a criminal charge or civil law suit. We don’t have insurance against bodily or property damage (and indeed, we are not an insurance reseller at all, providing instead specific membership benefits after self defense), so no coverage for lost wages either.
Our Network President, Marty Hayes, has an article comparing Network membership benefits to the USCCA and the NRA Carry Guard (as well as several others) at https://armedcitizensnetwork.org/learn/support-plan-comparison. Essentially, with the NRA Carry Guard, only a very small amount of up-front money is available to their client, the rest is a traditional insurance reimbursement program that can be accessed only after their client obtains a Not Guilty verdict from their own resources. The Network front-funds the member’s defense—that is the principle we introduced when we organized the Network in 2008.
USCCA is a hybrid of up front assistance and insurance, and given the many, many times that program has changed over the years, I am extremely hesitant to make any claims as to what the USCCA Shield offers their clients. Might be best to ask that question of them directly. I do know that their program is underwritten by an insurance company, and that does make client assistance subject to decisions from an outside entity, whereas the Network is 100% membership benefits, with member benefits drawn from the Network’s own Legal Defense Fund, making those expenditures are entirely at the direction of our leadership, not an outside entity as occurs with an insurance program.
I hope this helps answer your questions. Please be sure to let us know if you have any further concerns.
--
Gila Hayes
Armed Citizens’ Legal Defense Network, Inc.

P O Box 400 • Onalaska, WA 98570"
Ralph

Last edited by Ralph_III; 09-16-2017 at 02:05 PM.
Toakey Likes This 

Quick Reply