You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of BersaForum.com    

Bersa Firearms Forum > BersaForum Forums > Introductions >

Newbie picks BT22/380

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2017, 11:39 PM   #1
CRIs_

Default Newbie picks BT22/380

Hey there, I'm new to the pistols world and have a small hand, my thumb barely touches the mag release.
Any advices on Bersa?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2017, 12:07 PM   #2
9UC
BERSA_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 527 Times on 345 Posts
Likes Given: 248

Newbie picks BT22/380 - Introductions Welcome to the forum from the Lone Star State. If they are new make sure that you do a good field strip and cleaning and lube prior to using, In the 380 run at least 300 rounds of good quality round nose FMJ prior to using hollow points. Even though there are some who use it, the overall recommendation is never use steel or aluminum cased ammo. I have large hands, but due to some carpal tunnel damage since prior to starting my shooting, I have alway used the two hand mag release. Mag in hand or not, I just roll it to the right enough to release the mag and let it fall if I'm going for a seldom done quick reload. On my Bersa made FS22, and again there are many who use other brands with success, I recommend only using CCI copper plated high velocity. Hopefully there will others that will chime in on these issues.
.....he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."Luke 22:36

Old 08-13-2017, 08:21 PM   #3
JackStraw

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Bersa Thunder 380 and 22 are the same physical size. Depends on what you want to do with it. I use a Taurus TCP for carry and it is way smaller than a Bersa Thunder. I also have a Bersa Thunder 380cc and a Bersa Thunder 22 but have never carried them. The Bersa Thunders are all pretty large for a pocket carry but the cc version is a little better. Bersa doesn't make the concealed carry (cc) in 22. The thunder cc is not as small as the Taurus TCP, Ruger LCP or Keltec 3AT so not as good for put it in your pocket and forget it.

22 is probably not a powerful enough round for carry. If you want a tiny 22, then you would want to get maybe a Jimenez JA22. In it or any of the 22's you would need to use CCI mini mags or stingers. The Jimenez will jam a lot with most rounds but not with CCI mini mags or stingers. There is also a phoenix 22 and in it you can run lower energy rounds but it is a very heavy gun for what it is.

I read an article that said that the 380 is way closer to a 9mm than it is to a 22LR, so if you need it for defense, then you would probably be better off with a 380.

Old Yesterday, 03:15 AM   #4
CRIs_

very interesting comments, I do want the gun for personal defense, in my country we have police security but it's not enough, we need to be ready to protect ourselves and our family.

Old Today, 01:01 AM   #5
butcherman

Liked 378 Times on 223 Posts
Likes Given: 242

Welcome from the state of Pennsylvania!!
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown

Old Today, 01:02 AM   #6
CRIs_

thanks from the country of Guatemala

Quick Reply