You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of BersaForum.com    

Bersa Firearms Forum > General Discussion > General Firearm Forum >

What did you do today that was gun related?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Yesterday, 08:34 PM   #1441
mike_50

Liked 74 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Modified my range plans today. Just took the Kahr and shot it this morning. Will shoot the P-07 and Kadet tomorrow morning. Kahr is impressing me more and more each range trip.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0815171036d.jpg (55.3 KB, 9 views)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 02:06 AM   #1442
Toakey
NRA Life Member

Liked 98 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Took two of my 22LR pistols to the range to make a comparison; a S&W M&P 22C and a Browning 1911-22. I never had them at the range at the same time before and figured it was time to do a comparison. I like shooting both and can shoot them well. However, if I have to pick a winner I'd say it's the Browning.
1. Better trigger.
2. Better fit to hand.
3. Quicker target acquisition. And probably most important,
4. Slightly smaller groups.
Pancho_Villa Likes This 
Old Today, 06:36 AM   #1443
Pancho_Villa
BERSA_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1461 Times on 1057 Posts
Likes Given: 1618

That's some nice shooting, mike 50. The way my eyesight is now, I can carely keep my shots SOMEWHRE on a man size target at 20 feet.

Did some .22 shooting myself toakey. Went out with a like new S&W 22a-1 That I aquired over the weekend and fired it at my usual pizza box, Pancho El Cheapo targets. It has some huge sights on it and I could barely see them. It was partial to Stinger of course. The action did not cycle well with bulk pack Feds. Pretty Well with bulk pack Remmys. Perfectly with Stingers. Maybe it will loosen up with some use.

Snagged it off a guy trying to trade it in on a Sig "SKeeter" .22 at the dealer next to me. It was LNIB with box, manual, & 2 mags.. He had just bought the gun from them new back in the spring for 3 bills and they would not give him more than a bill trade in. Guy had been all over trying to get 2 bills for it and the best offer had been 125. I bumped it to 150 and he took it. Said he got it for his wife and she could not operater the slide. Yep, it is hard to operate. It ain't the newest model out, but it is o.k. for the bucks. Also has a nice rail for stuff on top. All I have is a generic pic.

What  did you do today that was gun related? - General Firearm Forum
rond Likes This 
Old Today, 07:10 AM   #1444
Pancho_Villa
BERSA_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1461 Times on 1057 Posts
Likes Given: 1618

Almost forgot this one. I was researching it most of the night. It appears to be a S&W top break, 3rd moel, .38 S&W. Got this one off a guy & his wife late Sunday at the show. I almost passed it up. I saw the guy walking by with a brown paper bag and asked his if he had him lunch? He said that he had an old top break revolver, maybe a .32. They were not sure. It was a family gun and they knew noting about it. They had no use for it. Unsure of what it was and wanted to sell it for 150 to buy kids school stuff.

I almost passed him on without looking. I figured it was an Iver Johnson or H&R. But it was kinda slow, so I looked. D@MN, a S&W, nice & tight with about 80% or more of it's blue. No buggered up screws or pins, perfect bore & cylinder.I let my buddy look for caliber maks, but none were visible. All the barrel marks were clear, patent dates, logo, grips. DA & SA Worked. I had to wrench it outta my buddy's hands. Told the guy, it was a 5 shot, so it was probably a .38 S&W. The .32s were 6 shots. He said they never had ammo for it anyway. I told them I xcould go 75 buckw on the old gun. They said they needed to go shopping , so they took it. OH YEAH, worked for me.

A generic pic of one. I have ammo, but ain't fired it yet. From the serial number of 397,XXX, I am estimating late 1890s manufacture. Possibly into the smokeless era. Not sure yet.

What  did you do today that was gun related? - General Firearm Forum
Retired1 Likes This 

Quick Reply